We stayed for 4 days in late July. Despite the busy time we managed to book 4 nights the morning we arrived (since we didn't have a credit card). For the first night, we got a nice and spacious double bed room (shared bathroom). For the following 3 nights, we had to switch to a dormitory (shared bathroom).
- very friendly, straightforward and helpful staff!
- spacious building (rooms, dormitories, bathrooms, breakfast room)
- great location (5 minutes to Pallanza,ristoranti etc.). It is a bit steep, but that only counts for the first 100m (cobbled pavement).
- great view over the lago (from the balcony, garden, dormitory...)
- good parking area in front of the entrance door
- good breakfast (home made pies/cakes)
All things considered, we would definitely recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hostel was born in the town of Verbania Verbania in a luxurious villa of the early twentieth century, set in 3,000 sqm of parkland, overlooking Lake Maggiore, a stone's throw from the historic center, the tourist hub and commercial center of Verbania . A totally renovated and offers all the comforts for an unforgettable holiday. The Hostel in Verbania is the ideal place for those who want a relaxing holiday close to nature, for those who want to play sports, for those wanting a bit of healthy relaxation. The town of Verbania offers its guests many opportunities to have fun through sports, culture, culinary arts, family fun all in the extraordinary natural setting of Lake Maggiore. You can spend your vacation by choosing from a trip to the Monte Rosa and the Val Grande National Park, guided tours of the Natural Parks of the Devero and Veglia, boat trips to the Borromean islands and the nearby town of Stresa, you can visit the nearby Switzerland and skiing at nearby ski resorts. Our professional staff aims to make guests' stay pleasant with information, help and tips about the city and events. The hostel is open to all groups, families, couples, backpackers of all ages .. choose the formula that best suits your needs. The Hostel in Verbania is a partner of AIG and the Hi Hostelling Internationa "Italian Youth Hostels Association" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, HostelWorld, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Ostello di Verbania reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ostello Di Verbania Italy - Lake Maggiore