Hotel Colonne
$144
$139
  • Breakfast included
$91
All reviewsunesco siteromantic hotellake varesedel montebreathtaking viewstasting menuworth the journeyroom was largesanta mariaservice was impeccablesacred mountainwonderful foodbeautiful locationa family run hotelthe hotel staffhotel is locatedsilvio
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I've been to Hotel Colonne in November 2012, for a training course in hypnosis. Sacromonte is a breath-taking place, with a stunning view and a magic atmosphere. The hotel is on top of the mountain and the rooms are suspended over a cliff: staying there is like being in a fairy-tale!
We went for nice walks among the many sanctuaries that surround the hotel, and visited the city of Varese with its lake, which is only a few Kilometers away.
Silvio, the owner, is a very good chef, and I enjoyed our meals on the sunny terrace (despite the season) very much. Everyone was kind and welcoming, and I hope I will go back there for a holiday very soon!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I have just returned from spending a wonderful weekend with friends at the Hotel Colonne.

The hotel is in a beautiful location with breath taking views of Varese. Each room is tastefully decorated and has its own terrace.

The staff could not have been more helpful and the food was some of the best I have ever tasted.

I will definitely return, as soon as possible.

Room Tip: I saw 4 rooms during my stay and each one was beautiful
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I have just returned from a two night stay at Hotel Colonne. I went with 10 girlfriends as one was celebrating her 40th birthday. The staff were so friendly,helpful,and kind.The rooms are cosy and so clean with breathtaking views from the terraces of each room. We had amazing day trips to the local lakes and there is so much to see and do from the hotel. I will definitely return with my husband for a long weekend.

Room Tip: If going with very young children choose rooms 1-5 as bathrooms are on the same level.Rooms 6-10 have steep stairs up to the bathrooms.
Reviewed May 13, 2013

The hotel has the most amazing views, the rooms are beautiful, the staff very welcoming. A perfect stay. I would love to go back! The surrounding area is very peaceful and pretty. This hotel offers everything you need for a relaxing holiday.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

A beautiful small friendly hotel hidden on the mountain side. The views were spectacular, especially from the balconies. The rooms were beautifully decorated and very clean. The service was brilliant yet understated nothing was too much trouble. I can't wait to go back!!!

Room Tip: When we were there we had a big group so used all the rooms. All were beautiful with balconies