“Fantastic food”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 10, 2014

What a great meal. Very accomodating service, well prepared food, and comfortable environment. Specializing in seafood this location has a great business. Entry is by reservation and quality of meal is memorable. Only issue is for USA traveler who does not have credit card with electronic chip in card will have to pay by cash.

1  Thank stilts16
There are newer reviews for La Perla

Reviewed March 28, 2014

We have been here several times and not been disappointed once by the food; the service was good even if a bit unknowledgeable
about food and wine choices. Very very good appetizer plate, on the house. Don't order too much food! Great frogs' legs...

1  Thank TheSt0rk
Reviewed March 10, 2014

excellent food, very nice and elegant atmosphere. If you like fish this is the best restaurant in Varese.I will surerly come back.
Just one improvement suggestion on the service (I see other visitors noticed the same): they put the wine in the ice box 2 meters away from my table: good but after that nobody from the service was caring aboout filling the glasses during the dinner: each time I needed a refill I had either to call them or to walk by myself to take the bottle. Normally I do not mind, but for a restaurant of this level and cost I think this is not appropriate at all.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

very nice place and ambiance (elegant, with a lot of light); good food (fish in particular), with some nice surprise (the appetizer where excellent).
However, the service overall was very poor, and at times even unprofessional - e.g., we were ignored for about one hour, and when I asked the waiter to help us with some wine, he said we were supposed to call him and that it was our fault...then he went on with rude comments.
all in all, this place has potential, but they definitely have to improve their service and realize that clients come first

6  Thank andrea g
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Missed our reservation time because we couldn't find it but when we finally got there, our table was still open. The service was wonderful with the waitress/hostess helping us in her limited English and our limited Italian. We described what we were looking for and the chef made something even more delicious. "homemade!". No rush even at 11:30pm! Friends went another night and weren't crazy about the risotto but our "fruta de mare" and fish with mushrooms were fabulous!

1  Thank Beachlaxmom