“Best meal in Italy - real local experience”
Review of Ristorante Teatro

Ristorante Teatro
Ranked #23 of 410 Restaurants in Varese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 9, 2013

This was by far the best food we had on our trip to Italy. The maitre'd greeted us by name by our first step into the restaurant even though we had never met. The service was perfect and special. The food and wine was amazing and the atmosphere is very charming and local which is always good. Will definitely be back and highly recommend.

1  Thank megcoop

Reviewed November 16, 2012

Visited this restaurant by recommendation of colleague being in bussiness trip together with a customer at the beginning of this November.
The place is nice, the atmosphere atractive, read refferences prior to visit - made perseption positive. Meniu looks ok, service attentional.
And.... Ordered foods and wine. Officiant changed one starter on his own opinion, even not informing, that we will not get the meal wich we ordered! Hmm... Situation is not nice, especially when you are with the customer and expect at least to receive value for the price... The second event during the same dinner - the same officiant decided the second time! He did not bring the ordered wine for some reason, changed again on his own opinion even not informing! We stayed astonished. Naturally, I did not want to get into conflicting situation clarifying "why" and telling them what kind of service should we expect in such a famous place.
We simply felt not very well inside. I would not recommend this place to my best friends, openly.

2  Thank Ausra K K
Reviewed October 13, 2012

My first time to the Teatro. I was expecting very good things and I was a little bit let down.
The food was very good, but not great! The atmosphere is nice and the waiters were great.
I cant put my finger on it, for the price there was just something missing!
In saying that I would recommend it for both food and the staff!

Reviewed August 31, 2012

very good food and atmosphere, the place is not too much big and the service is goog.its better to book on saturday

Reviewed August 9, 2012

Teatro slaps you in the face with a theatrical atmosphere the second you walk through the door, yet it is surprisingly not overwhelming.

The food is the real star here though. I went here twice on my trip and couldn't resist ordering gnocchi the second time because it was so good the first. Of course, I got different appetizers and secondo piatti each time...and I was equally impressed.

Definitely go here