“NIce place.terribe booking”

Ranked #7 of 21 Hotels in Tropea
ISRAEL
“NIce place.terribe booking”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We had made a reservation more then a month. on the morning of the check in day, they were steel booking custumers. When we arrived late at night, after long journy, we found that there were no rooms for us,overbooking.They sent us, in the middle of the night to another noisy hotel and asked us toreturn at moorning. Very uneazy!
The hotelitself is small but with comfort clean rooms, with nice sea view and friendly stuff.
You should come with car- the place is outside the city.
I have to remark the good breafasts on the upper balkony, with nice breeze and wondefull sea view and the volkano of stromboly.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Benarb

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
Haifa, Israel
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I enjoyed the hotel itself & all its team: lovely Gessica & Marco; Mihaiela & Gabriela! You made my stay there. Thank you!
Here it is my critics - I almost agree with all Jan B. wrote - .... there was no restaurant close to the hotel - you had to go by car; the pool is not safe..; the rooms - the front facing room with sea view - you wake up with a train alarm! no drink or snack service available all day ...; bees were flying on the food... ;
If you go to this hotel, you must rent a car, otherwise you'll be stacked there!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Jeni-96
Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 3, 2012

We stayed for three nights at this hotel as part of a tour of Calabria. The staff were good - helpful polite and tried hard but clearly not resourced for the task they had to perform - although the website advertises a restaurant available we were advised it was fully booked for the week and had to drive out for dinner every evening - there was a damaged drain by the pool which was dangerous and just left with inadequate patching up . The rooms were fine but the front facing room with sea view also overlooked a railway line and main road - so not quiet! There was no drink or snack service available all day - and even getting a drink at 6.00p m was difficult - it could have been so much better!

Room Tip: Relinquish sea view and go for room at back overlooking pool!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank Jan B
Buckingham
Reviewed October 22, 2011

Although I am feeling somewhat of an outsider writing the first English review of this hotel, I felt I needed to say how good it really is.
Unfortunately I only stayed for one night in October and wish I had stayed for longer. The weather for this time of year was perfect for the entire week (I had booked somewhere else for the rest of my stay).
Anyway, on with my review. Firstly, I feel a special mention should be made of Jessica on the reception desk. She was extremely helpful and cheerful, and if the management are reading this review, she deserves a pay rise!
I was shown to my room which certainly deserves the 'wow' factor. It was huge, especially for a solo traveller such as myself! I don't believe they have any single rooms, so I had to 'make do' with a double room with separate seating area, large very modern bathroom, balcony and sea view...all for the same price! I kept the room very tidy, which I would do anyway, as a mark of respect for giving me this beautiful room for just one night.
The breakfast was very good, with a wide range of good quality buffet food, and I didn't need to eat for several hours afterwards, even though I don't believe in making a pig of yourself just because it's there. I only wish other people on holiday took the same view!
I was the only English person there to my knowledge, which didn't surprise me as the whole region is devoid of our nationality anyway. ENGLISH PEOPLE, YOU REALLY MUST START TO COME TO THIS PART OF ITALY. IT'S BEAUTIFUL! Germans are out in force in this region, but I must admit that they are mainly slightly older and therefore seem to have better manners than any I have experienced on holiday before, although they do seem to stare at you a lot instead of just smiling!! I have no idea why.
The pool is small and adequate, especially after a hot day sight-seeing, and instead of criticising it I was just grateful there was one there at all. It seemed perfectly clean to me as well.
I didn't eat dinner there, so I can't comment on that, as I preferred to visit Tropea at night. Please note that, if you don't have a car as I didn't, you can get the train from Parghelia station in to Tropea (for which the nice inspector didn't even charge me in the evening!), but there is no train back. I really wouldn't recommend the 5km walk back after a meal, but I did it and have the sore feet to prove it! It is definitely do-able if you like walking and are reasonably fit. The most annoying part to me was how some (probably young) Italian drivers seem to take great pleasure in hooting their horn at a pedestrian walking at the side of the road, instead of possibly stopping and offering them a lift. Or is that just too much to ask in this day and age?? And here's me thinking that was something that only afflicted the English!
To conclude, I highly recommend staying here, but most people would probably think that a car was essential, even though it's actually not, it's just easier to get around with one. The train station isn't far away and I would highly recommend visiting Capo Vaticano just three stops away, as the scenery is stunning.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo