“Superb small hotel and very good value”

Hotel Cannamele Resort
Ranked #7 of 21 Hotels in Tropea
Buckingham
“Superb small hotel and very good value”
Reviewed October 22, 2011

Although I am feeling somewhat of an outsider writing the first English review of this hotel, I felt I needed to say how good it really is.
Unfortunately I only stayed for one night in October and wish I had stayed for longer. The weather for this time of year was perfect for the entire week (I had booked somewhere else for the rest of my stay).
Anyway, on with my review. Firstly, I feel a special mention should be made of Jessica on the reception desk. She was extremely helpful and cheerful, and if the management are reading this review, she deserves a pay rise!
I was shown to my room which certainly deserves the 'wow' factor. It was huge, especially for a solo traveller such as myself! I don't believe they have any single rooms, so I had to 'make do' with a double room with separate seating area, large very modern bathroom, balcony and sea view...all for the same price! I kept the room very tidy, which I would do anyway, as a mark of respect for giving me this beautiful room for just one night.
The breakfast was very good, with a wide range of good quality buffet food, and I didn't need to eat for several hours afterwards, even though I don't believe in making a pig of yourself just because it's there. I only wish other people on holiday took the same view!
I was the only English person there to my knowledge, which didn't surprise me as the whole region is devoid of our nationality anyway. ENGLISH PEOPLE, YOU REALLY MUST START TO COME TO THIS PART OF ITALY. IT'S BEAUTIFUL! Germans are out in force in this region, but I must admit that they are mainly slightly older and therefore seem to have better manners than any I have experienced on holiday before, although they do seem to stare at you a lot instead of just smiling!! I have no idea why.
The pool is small and adequate, especially after a hot day sight-seeing, and instead of criticising it I was just grateful there was one there at all. It seemed perfectly clean to me as well.
I didn't eat dinner there, so I can't comment on that, as I preferred to visit Tropea at night. Please note that, if you don't have a car as I didn't, you can get the train from Parghelia station in to Tropea (for which the nice inspector didn't even charge me in the evening!), but there is no train back. I really wouldn't recommend the 5km walk back after a meal, but I did it and have the sore feet to prove it! It is definitely do-able if you like walking and are reasonably fit. The most annoying part to me was how some (probably young) Italian drivers seem to take great pleasure in hooting their horn at a pedestrian walking at the side of the road, instead of possibly stopping and offering them a lift. Or is that just too much to ask in this day and age?? And here's me thinking that was something that only afflicted the English!
To conclude, I highly recommend staying here, but most people would probably think that a car was essential, even though it's actually not, it's just easier to get around with one. The train station isn't far away and I would highly recommend visiting Capo Vaticano just three stops away, as the scenery is stunning.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
11 Thank Alistair01

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Greek first
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tropea
Hotel Rocca Della Sena
#2 of 21 in Tropea
BV Borgo del Principe
BV Borgo del Principe
#1 of 11 in Zambrone

Been to Hotel Cannamele Resort? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Cannamele Resort

Property: Hotel Cannamele Resort
Address: Via Diaz 12 | Parghelia, Tropea, Italy
Location: Italy > Calabria > Province of Vibo Valentia > Tropea
Bar / Lounge Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#4 Luxury Hotel in Tropea
Hotel Class:4 star — Hotel Cannamele Resort 4*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your Hotel Cannamele Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hotel Cannamele Tropea