“True Cultural and Culinary Experience”
Review of In Italy Tours

In Italy Tours
Ouyen, Australia
71 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 83 helpful votes
“True Cultural and Culinary Experience”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Tropea was a great place to land for a week, enhanced by gems such as In Italy Tours experiences...we did the seafood cooking experience..spent a day with a wonderful family, selected our organic produce from their farm, neighbours dropped in with their home made jam for our tart, a friendly musician entertained us around the table once we learnt to prepare our meal...imagine, sitting in the farmyard, beneath the trees, home made liquors, food, Italian family company on a balmy July evening....bliss!

Visited July 2012

Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Castelli Romani Tour”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

I met a friend in Frascati, Italy to kick off our Castelli Romani Tour. I don't think either one of us had any idea of all the amazing things that we could see, do and taste in only a week. Our tour guide, Hugh was more like having a friend to take you around and he not only showed us the wonderful things of the region, he also experienced them with us. He truly made it a great experience. This was a wonderful tour and there is so much to see and do..... bring good walking shoes because there is a lot of walking and a lot of amazing things to see and a lot of amazing food to eat.... I highly recommend this tour for those that want to see and taste the Castelli Romani region the way the locals do...

Visited May 2012
1 Thank coder0827
Brighton
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“What an Amazing holiday”
Reviewed June 3, 2012

I took a cooking class with In Italy Tours. Excellent experience. I felt like part of a family instead of a tourist! Delicious food, good wine and great company. Tania went out of her way to make sure we had a unique and unforgettable time. I can't wait to go back again. Well worth the long trip. A slice of Calabrian Paradise.

Visited July 2011
Brisbane, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“A wonderful, authentic experience”
Reviewed May 3, 2012

My girlfriend and I (38 and 40 yrs) spent a week in Tropea with Tania on a culinary tour in April last year and we are still talking about it. There is free time in Tropea to wonder the cobbled streets and soak up the atmosphere of times gone by, as well as a fantastic itinerary to participate in - there's even an optional fishing trip. Tania organised a local duo to perform for my birthday up at Mariana's house. We cooked then ate a beautiful meal, drank red wine, sang songs (badly) and danced with Mariana and her husband (Mariana loves to dance). The wonderful locals welcomed us into their homes and gave us a glimpse of the real Calabria. We spent 10 months in Europe and this experience was truly unique. I would recommend In Italy Tours to anyone wanting a more intimate, real experience than your 'usual' tours. Pack light and fill your bags with delicious foods to devour on your return home. Fantastic......!!

Visited June 2011
“Calabrian Table Tour”
Reviewed April 27, 2012 via mobile

I cannot say enough good things about this tour. My Mother signed up for this tour based on the In Italy Tours web site. The web site was beautiful, but we had no idea what to expect. Cherrye and Tania immediately put us at ease. Their friendly and fun disposition, along with their expertise, made for an amazing trip. The scenery, food (food, and more amazing food) and wine all exceeded our expectations. It was an experience of a lifetime...never to be forgotten!