Google
from $30.32
from $123.51
from $39.30
3,285 results
All reviews clear water an umbrella white sand clean water beautiful water out of season sunbeds and umbrellas the cliff beautiful town old town great food santa maria pizza rocks towels august caribbean
Selected filters
Reviewed July 23, 2019 via mobile

tourist are give up to a 500€ fine for walking in the street in a swimsuit or even shirtless, which is only allowed on the beach

Reviewed July 21, 2019 via mobile

We always go to Lido Azzurro and book two decks and an umbrella. The owner is the daughter of the man who started the business in 1968. The food there is excellent: it’s a family business and they employ good cooks. I recommend impepata di cozze, spaghetti alle vongole, fritto misto, the salad with the red Tropea onion. Their limoncello is very good. Sit to the left so that you have a view of the town on your left and the sea on your right.

Reviewed July 20, 2019 via mobile

I am afraid that the potential of Tropea and the surrounding Calabrian coast is never going to be realised.

I have been coming to Calabria for 7 years and I still love the Weather, Food and the Calabrese; but the sad truth is that I have got used to squinting my eyes to the Litter and Rubbish that blights every Road to and from Tropea.
I drive through Vibo Marina and Briatico to get to Tropea and the Litter is nothing short of a disgrace. Locals just throw their bags of rubbish and thousands of plastic bottles out of the car window.
It is truly shocking and there is no sign that this self defeating act is getting better, in fact, this year is the worst I have ever seen it.

Tropea has massive potential to be a stunning place, but no one seems to care about living in a nice environment or in attracting new visitors.

I now never use Tropea Beach; go to Parghelia nearby instead. It is cleaner and all together a step up from Tropea.

Breaks my heart to see this potentially fantastic region vandalised by its own people.

1  Thank K3992BRmichaelh
Reviewed July 18, 2019 via mobile

The beach per se is really scenographic but the huge crowd - too big for the space available - is made my experience not really enjoyable. Would not go back on this beach.

Reviewed July 12, 2019

My wife and I were staying only one night and we went for a stroll along the beach to this right of the big rock.
What a beautiful beach it is.
For one there is sand not the usual rocks that are so often found in Italy and as usual the Med is a stunning shade of blue which is hard to describe.
At the end of the beach is a beach bar attached to a resort which is a spot on place to sit and look back at look along the beach.
Simply magical!