See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed May 24, 2017

We stopped off at Il Carrettino to break a long trip. It was late at night, and I have to give them that they let us check in at 2 AM. It was clean enough and could have been more depressing, I suppose. But if we had been on vacation or something like that, I would not have been happy. We got really lost, because Google Maps seems to think it is somewhere else. My husband (who is Italian) told the receptionist about our travails finding it. He didn't seem very interested. In the morning, they called the room at like 11:02 to tell us to get out. If it had been crowded I can understand a little polite nudge, but I felt like "Fine, YES. We are leaving, and don't worry. We won't be coming back"

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 14, 2016 via mobile

Good Hotel good truck parking, very clean very good eating, friendly staff always stop here when I can, because its not expensive and always good eating, open every day including weekend's its 10 minutes off the highway exit Tortona

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed April 25, 2016

,We went to restaurant on sunday lunch, we paid a lot for poor food....remember that during the week truckdrivers go here to eat...and on sunday they charge you 5 times more just because they put you in a different side of the restaurant...we were expecting a good choice of salami as appetizer as the restaurants boasts to produce them from his own but the dish had just a thin 2-3 pieces....

Room tip: Low quality restaurant
Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed March 4, 2016

The hotel is clean. The staff are all very nice. Not speaking Italian is not a hindrance because the lunch and dinner staff mostly can translate for you. The WiFi is sketchy if you're staying in the back satellite building, but there is a strong signal in the main lobby. They accept cash or card. Its a five minute drive to town.

Room tip: Rooms in the main building have more WiFi reception
Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed November 11, 2015

I had the chance to stay there for having a dinner during a business trip. There is a nice terrace with a good atmosphere and the dinner is really good. From the starter, the typically pasta, the main menu and the dessert, everything was perfect and you will enjoy the dinner completed with a good bottle of wine. A recommendation for everyone who is searching a restaurant good for a dinner with business partners.
Unfortunately there was not free room so I cannot rate the hotel in total.

Date of stay: September 2015