All reviews fish main course private beach sea view half board newmarket holidays pasta air conditioning la brace lovely view mini club first floor lovely hotel allocated room free days plenty of sunbeds martina franca
Selected filters
Reviewed May 15, 2019 via mobile

Great place for a base to explore Puglia. Spotlessly clean, outstanding staff, lovely pool area by the sea.
We had a 5th floor room with balcony facing the sea. Whilst the bathroom is not 5 star standard, and the bedrooms are not luxurious, I give the hotel staff 5 stars because of outstanding service by staff, wonderful food - fantastic array of fresh salads and vegetables for dinner - with pasta course, then meat or fish, plus pudding. They really showed off their local produce.
No annoying music by pool, and just a charming place to stay. Thank you particularly to Monika on reception who helped my friend who was ill, as well as wonderful Vito in dining room - but all staff keen to help and assist in any way, so that we had a great stay. My only suggestion for improvement would be to cook the eggs to order at breakfast. Otherwise, Bravo!

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed May 14, 2019

The hotel was very clean, nicely decorated and the staff were friendly and attentive. The food was disappointing for a four star hotel. Whilst perfectly edible and well cooked, it was boringly presented and monotonous, with pork or veal as the meat choice every night.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
mimma l, Direttore at Hotel del Levante, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2019

Dear Mrs. Janet,
Thank you for the compliments on our staff and the hotel.
I am sorry for your disappointment with the kitchen. I can assure you that we offer customers the opportunity to choose between numerous meat, fish and vegetable dishes, as well as being able to order off-menu as well, with dishes well presented.
Ours is a cuisine both local and international and we try to satisfy even the taste of guests who enjoy mostly the cuisine of their country.

I hope to be able to host you again in hotel to better understand your taste and needs.

Best regards.

Reviewed May 1, 2019

The hotel provides good, clean rooms with large balconies, The rooms have refrigerators and safes (at a convenient height), The only drawback is the rather difficult mechanism to open and close the full length metal blinds,
On the whole, the dinners (selected at breakfast from a small range) were moderate to poor although a substitute (eg an omelette) could be arranged. Breakfasts were adequate but with no cooked food and were self-service; so not suitable for guests with limited mobility.
Lunches could be obtained from either the indoor or outdoor bar (depending on the weather and at the whim of the hotel management),

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank DavidC749
Reviewed November 7, 2018

Visited in October with a Newmarket tour.
The hotel is situated in delightful gardens which we were fortunate to be able to appreciate as the weather was kind all week.
We had a room with balcony and a sea view,for which we paid extra.Well worth it.
The hotel is spotless and well presented.
There is very little to do in Torre Canne itself especially at the time of year we went but you can take a nice stroll into the town itself and you can go by road rather than on the beach _ you simply have to be aware of traffic as there are no pavements as such.
You can hire beach towels at a cost but they have to be kept for the week.If you return them to the hotel you will get charged each time for another towel.
Breakfast was adequate but do not expect a full English. You are in a poorer part of Italy which,at the present time,is still under developed but there is still a good choice.
Dinner is a somewhat different experience.There is a salad/vegetable bar every night which you choose from but as another reviewer stated your mains are not served for a while. Plenty of fish choices but I am not keen on eating undercooked pork which was on the menu several times. Most sweets were enjoyable but we weren't here for cordon bleu cooking just decent food.
Although I had read rooms were paper thin I slept like a log the whole time I was there.Whilst I cannot remember the room number it was directly opposite the stairs on the 5th floor.Note the lift can be temperamental and sometimes decides it does not wish to go to the fifth floor. We ended up taking lift to the fourth floor and walking the rest of the way. Be wary of the stairs. Hold onto the rail.Several guests slipped.
There is an outside bar area that sells pizzas and snacks.Look out for their "chips".We did not discover them until the last day as we were on trips a lot of the time but one portion could feed a family and they are delicious.
All in all a lovely stay at a delightful hotel.

Room tip: Pay extra for sea view and balcony
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank tara49
Reviewed October 24, 2018

Stayed here as part of a Newmarket Holidays Tour for 7 nights on half board. My booking was for two rooms with sea view and balcony. Checked in and went to our rooms. I thought it a bit strange that our friends on our booking were on one side of the corridor and we were on the other side. I looked out the window of my allocated room and I had a lovely view of the car park with no balcony. Back down to reception and I politely told the lady on reception that I had not been allocated the room I had booked and paid. Her response stunned me. 'I cannot give you a complimentary room with sea view.' I never mentioned anything about wanting anything for free. I had the Newmarket Invoice with me and she refused to look at it. Again i said I have paid for sea view and balcony. Again I was stunned 'you may have paid Newmarket but they have not paid us'. You must speak with Luca of Newmarket. Fortunately Luca appeared in reception checked his booking sheet and didn't say a word but just pointed to my name on the sheet which clearly said sea view and balcony. Profuse apology? Absolutely not. The rudest and most ignorant receptionist ever.
Having got the correct room we had the smallest balcony imaginable (see photo) and a small room.
The walls of the rooms are paper thin and you can clearly hear the conversations of the people in adjoining rooms. When anyone around you flushes the toilet or uses the shower you hear it.
The towels are like bed sheets. Never experienced anything like it anywhere else in the world and no where near as nice as a fluffy towel.
A personal thing but for us the beds were too hard.
A strange system operates for dinner whereby you obtain any warm vegetables from an unheated buffet around 7.30. The main course is served around 8.30 so any vegetables are cold. Because we were part of a tour group we had a tour group menu which was OK. Not good and not bad.
The hotel has recently been renovated and was in spotless condition inside and out.
Other than the stroppy lady receptionist we found all staff to be helpful and polite.
The location of the hotel is that it is a 25 minute walk from town along a road without pavements and in October nothing open anywhere around the hotel
The acid test is would we return to this hotel? absolutely not

Room tip: Check the size of the balcony before you book
Date of stay: October 2018