“A place to remember”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Paris, France
“A place to remember”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We found this restaurant on our way back to Orvieto, coming from Assisi. We had such a lovely evening : very pleasant staff, beautiful place and lovely food. We decided to go back there for our last dinner in Italy. The terrace was closed because there had been some heavy thunder in the daytime and too much rain so we had dinner inside. Everything was just perfect. They have a marvellous staff. Excellent food and good choice of wines!! Without a doubt the best meals we had in Italy this year.

• Visited August 2013

Burlington, Vermont
“Perfect Evening”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This proved to be the best meal of the vacation.
Motivated by a recent Travel & Leisure article we booked, but didn't need to. Down a back street this is obviously overlooked.
Gorgeous terrace view of valley, very pleasant staff and perfect cuisine. At our table of four, total of ten dishes and not one regret - from antipasti through to dolce.
I read the TI complaints re slow service. This is Italy. They spend the evening at the dinner table rather than the pub or bar. They cook from scratch. They savor and digest. They sip and enjoy the wine. They don't inhale and rush off. This is lifestyle not poor service. I'll miss it!

• Visited June 2013
Sarasota, Florida
“Best meal in Italy this trip!”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Happened upon this restaurant while climbing the hill into Todi. The terrace has a beautiful setting and view over the countryside. We were early for lunch, so did not have any service issues -- had the place to ourselves. And the food was spectacular. The pork loin roasted in pancetta was, without a doubt, the best meal I have had in Italy this trip. Will go again if we are in Todi.

• Visited June 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Great Views but not worth the price”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

The restaurant does have a great location. I heard it was a must go to place if in Todi. Well maybe once. Great views on terrace, but the rest, not worth the price. The service was bad, with one waiter inside and one outside. The inside waiter was trying his best from what I could see but outside waiter did not want to be there and it showed. You can not do this in this business.
For this alone I would not go back. I paid 100 Euro for 2 people and got attitude. The food was average for this area, nothing great, had better for 1/2 the price. I wine list was small. I've been in this business a long time, and when I go out eat for 50-75 euros per person I except to be entertained with good service, good food, good atmosphere. Its not here on this night. I saw NO manager or owner anywhere all night from 7:30 - 10:00pm, only 2 waiters. Sorry not again.

• Visited May 2013
San Luis Obispo
“Best Restaurant in Todi”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

My sister and I spent three weeks studying Italian in Todi. Unfortunately, we did not visit La Cantina until our last day in town because we would have gone back again and again. Restaurant is off Via Roma down a flight of stairs. This restaurant has it all - excellent food, attentive service and a beautiful view overlooking the countryside.

Visited May 2013