“Everything I needed for my stay.”
Review of Hotel Mediterraneo

Hotel Mediterraneo
Hotel Mediterraneo
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Tirrenia
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I stayed here as a sole traveller in May 2013 and it was everything I needed for a short break. The location is very handy for seeing Pisa in one direction and Livorno in the other, and the area is very quiet and peaceful with restaurants and shops within walking distance. The staff were welcoming and helpful, and value for money cannot be faulted.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Steph M

Reviewed September 12, 2011

The Hotel Mediterraneo is a lovely little hotel between near Pisa. It is very close to the beach for anyone on holiday. I was there on business, visiting Livorno and it suited me fine. The owner speaks good english so there was no problems at all. I stayed for one night and although it is a bit basic, it nevertheless was fine for me and at $55 was OK.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 17, 2008

The hotel is a budget hotel and well worth the 50 Euro a night for a double room. Everything worked fine including the internet, we didn't have breakfast because we decided to sleep in; although we were able to get coffee and snacks at the bar when we did get up.

The hotel is about a 5 minute walk from the beach. The weather was really warm for October and I truly enjoyed taking a long stroll on the beach with my wife; there weren't many people on the beach but the atmosphere was wonderful and very romantic! The trip became an unexpected romatic getaway for us!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
32  Thank ready4you
Reviewed October 15, 2008

Our room and bathroom were clean, the wi-fi service worked and was free, the car park was big and free. The staff gave us free maps and helped us organize our daily trips around Tuscany. The nearby beach is nice but sometimes very crowded and noisy. The main square is about half a mile away and there's a bunch of fine restaurants, the Squalo (shark) restaurant was our favorite.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
36  Thank frd979s
Reviewed October 5, 2008

A nice inexpensive hotel. Our room was spacious and clean, and it had a small bathroom with a shower. The bed was comfortable. It was really hot in August but our room had a good air conditioner. There was a free wi-fi service which came in handy since I use Skype on my mobile everyday. The people that run the place speak English and are really nice and helpful. The car park is big, protected with security cameras, and is free. When we left we noticed that on the days we didn't have breakfast we didn't get charged for it.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
52  Thank txfreen
Reviewed September 14, 2008

We stayed here for one night in August, the day before we flew home from Pisa. One night was enough really and that's all I would recomend. It is only a short drive from here to Pisa airport, so it's handy if you require somewhere relatively cheap to put your head down before you go home.
The hotel is very old fashioned and I agree with one of the last reviewers, there is a bit of a strange atmosphere here! It was clean though, but you got these wierd towels that resembled sheets. The beds were very hard, but at least the room was air conditioned. Bathroom was small, and had a strange smell.
The hotel is near the beach, but most of the beaches are private so beware! We did manage to find one "free beach" to spend the afternoon at. Terrenia is definately an all Italian resort, I've never seen as many speedo wearing men in my life! My kids enjoyed the beach, but the sea was quite choppy with big breaking waves so you had to be very careful with little ones. The sea was lovely and warm though.
We had a meal in restaurant in the centre of Terrenia on the evening. It was okay, but I didn't find the people as friendly as those in other parts of Italy. It seemed quite lively everywhere though.
All in all I don't think I'd return!!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
medithotel, Mamager at Hotel Mediterraneo, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2008

There are NO private beaches in Tirrenia. The bars and restaurants on the beaches are not free! You MUST pay to eat their food, you only pay if you use the establishment's deck chairs, umbrellas, and changing rooms.

Reviewed May 2, 2008

Close to the beach, clean, safe, and inexpensive. Beyond that, there's not much too it. The beds are very hard, no decor, and a bit of a strange atmosphere. Don't bother with the 7 euro breakfast - there are cheaper bars that provide breakfast down the street. The owners are friendly, but I would not return. The beach, though free, is ugly with thick wires sticking up everywhere. We stayed because it was close to the Pisa airport. Next time we would drive further to stay in the much more beautiful Cinque Terre area. Sure it's further and more expensive, but hey, if you are travelling so far to be in Italy, it's worth the trouble for fond memories.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank rubycafe
medithotel, Manager at Hotel Mediterraneo, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2008

You wrote: "clean, safe, and inexpensive...beyond that, there's not much too it".

I always thought a clean,safe, inexpensive room is what most people want! I won't change the clean and safe part. The only part I can change is the inexpensive part, and thanks to your suggestion I will increase my prices! Thank you :-)

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tirrenia
Euro Hotel
#5 of 7 in Tirrenia
Hotel Bristol
Hotel Bristol
#1 of 7 in Tirrenia

Been to Hotel Mediterraneo? Share your experiences!