WINNER WONDERLAND

“The best in Terrenia” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ristorante Il Toscano

Ristorante Il Toscano
Reserve with
Ristorante Il Toscano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 63 Restaurants in Tirrenia
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Il Toscano Restaurant ....the best restaurant on Tuscany's western coast, where you can find the real and typical Tuscan cuisine and Italian specialties.....where you can try our famous plate: "Sacchettini cheese and pears".... A very delicious pasta! Where you can organize what you like! ...for example....an anniversary dinner? A birthday party? A friends dinner!.....or simply ....a romantic tete-a-tete supper by candlelight?.....Come with us!! Our warm atmosphere will transform your events very special! Organize, moreover, cultural shows, live evenings music, collections and food tasting!! Our menu is translated into English, German, French and Russian. We speak English! You're welcome......we wait for you !!! Giovanni e Catia Leonardi
Shrewsbury
“The best in Terrenia”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2012

Been in Terrenia a few days, saved Il Toscana to the last night. To be honest we haven't had a bad meal on this holiday, but tonight was the best. Service was prompt and very friendly, menu interesting and varied, but it's the quality of the food that stands out. Best fillet steak I've had in ages, and a very reasonably priced excellent Chianti Classico Reserva to wash it down. Thoroughly recommended. We might have time to pop back for lunch tomorrow.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
GIOVANNI58, Proprietario at Ristorante Il Toscano, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Dear GaryShrewsbury
Thank you for the nice review, but for me the comment on the prices is out of line. 98% of our customers rate the quality / price = great.
But I respect you and I hope to see you here again.
Jhon L. 58

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Hanoi, Vietnam
“Excellent and original food, very good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2012 via mobile

I've been at this restaurant many times during my many stays at Tirrenia. The service is very friendly and attentive. The menu is original, and I loved everything I ate here. The only minus for me are the prices, which in my view are a bit on the high side, but putting that in perspective, not higher than compatible quality restaurants in Italy.

“Bistromathics at work”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2012

Good food, nice place. The billing was a bit strange, though. In addition to an unannounced "cover charge" of 1.50€ per person, the
price for the food itself was 0.50€ higher on the bill than on the menu for each item. This is completely inacceptable.

For some reason this review is deemed to be too short, so I have to add some random senseless text...

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
GIOVANNI58, Proprietario at Ristorante Il Toscano, responded to this review, April 19, 2012
Dear Bistromatic , I am very amazed at what you wrote. the price of 1.50 € is clearly stated in the beginning of the paper menu (this is a cost in all the Italian restaurants, many can be 2:00 to 2:50 - even € 3.00 per person)
For the other fact that has moved, I have personally checked the correspondence between the prices of the menus and prices of the count, but I found no difference ....... maybe you misread?
I hope you can come back to prove our honesty.
Honestly, I send my best regards and waiting for you soon in my restaurant.
John L.
“Excellent restaurant and must try pizzas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2012 via mobile

We went here are 4 times in a week. We both loved the pizzas, they have a very thin base and are not greasy - the'Ellen' was particularly good as was the Mexicana which has no cheese but was delicious and no so filling. The one with speck is also good. The rest of the food looked good but I have to say that we are real pizza fans. One last word has to be that the owner and staff were very attentive and this really made a difference to the whole experience. Can't wait to go back.

Pisa, Italy
“The best restaurant in Tirrenia”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

Il Toscana still lives up to its very high standard. Revisited out of season in March 2012 the food was vibrantly fine. The bread basket contained ‘normal’ Tuscan no-salt bread, but also some extremely thin slices of warm, crisp, salty and delicately olive oil tasting bread. To a fine cold Pinot Grigio one could live of that alone. On the walls are calm, subdued and odd photos, which were taken by the proprietors son - we were told. We tasted lobster, pasta and pizza, which were all exquisite. The thin and crisp pizzas are particularly worth to try, as these are so unusual and delicate.

• Visited March 2012