“very nice restaurant”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed January 5, 2012

its a very nice restaurant with good food and wine. The restaurant is in the center of Tirrenia and very close to the hotel

Reviewed November 11, 2011

Liked: Good choice, Food quality, Fast service, Reasonable prices
Disliked: A bit crowded even out of season

Reviewed November 9, 2011

We went on a Tuesday night because the restaurant that was recommended to us was closed for their weekly day off. Thus, this was not our first pick and it will definitely never, ever become even a consideration. This is a practical example of “just because you can put a stone-oven in your restaurant, it doesn’t mean you have a clue on how to make pizza”. We were the first table of the evening service, the chef himself took our orders, and yes, I have to agree that the ricotta for the “calzone” (the filled pizza) was fresh as he said, though I should have known to change my order when he asked me if, other than ham and salami, I also wanted to have mozzarella in the pizza—a question that shouldn´t even have to be asked. It got even worse when, before serving, the waiter came to ask if I wanted tomato sauce on the calzone. The question came too late. The sauce was served cold on top of an already burned calzone!
Everyone knows that you need sauce,, on top of the dough before baking, otherwise the stone-oven heat is going to burn and break the top. Shouldn’t a pizza baker know that?
Italians typically order beers with pizza, and there are very good Italian beers on the market, this restaurant didn’t even suggest regular beer to go with pizza, only wine. I guess they only expect good old tourists who think that in Italy everything must go with wine. This is perhaps more a snobby- yet casual, modern, yet …. whatever … sorry I cannot put my finger on exactly what it was! At best, this can be considered an” attempt” of a different Italian restaurant in Italy, good enough only for a vacation “one-time only” tourist meal. Never again, Unnecessary

Reviewed October 27, 2011

I had a plate of cheeses and meats to start with and pasta. Everyone at my table loved their food. They start serving dinner on Sundays around 7 - we got there early and they let us sit anyway.

Reviewed September 10, 2011

Lo Squalo is a very nice restaurant with some great seafood choices. I only ate there once, but it was very good and we were all very pleased.

It was a bit on the expensive side, but it you want a nice seafood meal, it's worth a try.