“The best meat I ever ate”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Don Giovanni

Don Giovanni
Ranked #1 of 165 Restaurants in Termoli
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Il Ristorante Don Giovanni è gestito dai tre fratelli Di Renzo, e si trova in pieno centro cittadino, a ridosso del palazzo comunale di Termoli. Il ristorante offre cucina tipica molisana ed è specializzato nella preparazione di carni di altissima qualità, salumi e latticini rigorosamente locali. Numerose le etichette di vini presenti delle migliori case e di tutte le regioni italiane. L'ambiente è rustico, caldo ed accogliente, caratterizzato dalla presenza del legno scuro, e lo stile vagamente barocco.
Tel aviv
“The best meat I ever ate”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

We were 2 nights in Termoli a group organised by "Molise Discovery"
The first night we did not make a reservation and the restaurant was full.
The second night we went a party of 6 and ordered mozarella, spagheti ghitara and 6 plates of meat. Everything was very tasty. Do not miss the following dishes:1. the ghitara spagheti. 2. The argentinian angus steak (entrecot) taste delicious, no fat at all. 3. Special dish of fillet staffed with all kind of goodies. 4. Spare ribs. American style.
5. The fillet mignon is of course very good, but try first the angus steak.
It is a pitty we could not enjoy that wonderful dinner again.
The price..... well , very convenient!
Bravo.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank LoliTelaviv

Seattle, Washington
“Best steak... and more”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

I came to this restaurant based on the reviews here on Trip Advisor and I'm very glad I did. I had the steak with balsamic reduction and it was absolutely to die for. If you're looking for steak or amazing pasta this is the place.

But as it turns out it's also the place to come to find your long lost Italian relatives. As I was paying to leave I got talking to one of the guys there (can't remember his name now that it's been weeks of traveling) and mentioned that I was heading to a small town nearby the next day because my grandfather was born there.

And that's when the amazing craziness began (crazy good!). The owner told me to wait as his son went to school with a kid whose dad was from that same small town. He called and soon enough this guy shows up, having called work so he could go in late so he could talk to me. He tells me my family name is rare and that there are others with the same name from the area in Termoli this very night. They call these women and not long after they've shown up at the restaurant as well.

Frankly there's more to the story but needless to say this is the place to go for both food and genealogy... and more importantly for the warm Italian welcome that should not be missed if you're traveling through Italy.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank JessicaDally
Harpers Ferry, West Virginia
“Incredible Meal, Beautiful Ambiance, Impeccable Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

My family and I recently spent 2 weeks in Italy. After having some pretty amazing pasta meals in Florence, Rome, and Termoli, we were craving meat. As a first generation Italian, I am pretty picky about food and have always been told that meat isn't great in Italy. WRONG! We went to Don Giovanni's after reading a review here about the great meat dishes. I have to admit I was skeptical but my American husband was craving a nice filet mignon, so we walked up to make a reservation. It was then that we met Don Giovanni himself - a charismatic, gracious, hospitable man who could not have any nicer. We made our reservation and started to talk and before we knew it, he was giving us a tour of Termoli, showing us the best beach, shopping etc. We went back later that evening anxious for our meal - and were not disappointed! The restaurant is family run with Don Giovanni and his lovely wife working side by side with their three handsome charismatic sons, Franco, Nico (the Chef) and Davide! Franco and Davide could not have been more accommodating, helpful and their recommendations for dinner, wine, appetizers etc were always perfect! I don't know what Nico does to the filets, but they are mouthwatering and delicious! We had such an enjoyable evening that we returned the next night for dinner again. I highly recommend the Bufalo mozzarella and the sausage/salami appetizers. The cheeses and meats are perfection! We tried two filet mignon dishes and two pasta dishes the first night. The pasta dishes were also very delicious - especially the one with a variety of mushrooms. The second night we all had filet mignon dishes - the meats were so tender and the preparation was perfect. Even for me - I insist on eating my meat well done and my dish was as tender as could be. The chickory greens were delightful! Don Giovanni has a terrific variety of wines and beer and the restaurant is warm and inviting. We were pleasantly surprised by the bill as well. An incredible value for such a high quality first class meal. Even though we were foreigners in a strange place, the staff at Don Giovanni made us feel welcome in Termoli and at home eating at their restaurant. I highly recommend the food and the experience at Don Giovanni's!

• Visited August 2012
3 Thank Anna H
davide d, Proprietario at Don Giovanni, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
thanks a lot anna for the beautiful review!
Havertown, Pennsylvania
“IF YOU GO TO TERMOLI YOU MUST EAT HERE AT LEAST ONCE!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

Our family travelled to Termoli Italy to try and find relatives as my grandfather was born in Termoli. We do not speak any Italian and read online that this restaurant was good. Let me be clear...this restaurant is AWESOME!!!!

First of all, the people were so nice and helpful. They literally walked us to the municiple building after our meal to help with some translation and also walked us to the best gelato store after our meal. They even called different people to help us try to find our long distance relatives.

Second of all the food is out of this world!!!! If you don't know what to order just let them order for you. We had about 15 people in our party and they just kept bringing out different appetizers, main dishes, etc. The short ribs are tremendous but really everything is great. The bill was very resonable and the place is also very kid friendly.

Davide, one member of the family who runs this place, will totally take care of you.

Do not miss this place!!!

• Visited August 2012
3 Thank Lou T
davide d, Proprietario at Don Giovanni, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
The best story of the summer .. I think you will be in our hearts forever .. ! Thank you for your review! thank you for your beautiful friendship! greetings from italy!