“Home Away From Home”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of Casa Paccucci

The house as seen from the garden
Relax in the garden View of the valley from the garden
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Relax in the garden
View of the valley from the garden
Large family kitchen
Kitchen dining area
Lounge with vaulted ceiling & natural stone walls
1st floor bedroom with double bed & balcony
Spacious family bathroom with 4 piece bathroom suite
2nd floor bedroom with king size bed & balcony
Panoramic view from one of balconys
Summer evening in historic Sulmona
Sulmonas aqueduct leading to Piazza Maggiore (Wed/Sat market place)
Giostra Cavalleresca Sulmona 2012 - Piazza Maggiore
Giostra Cavalleresca parade - Sulmona
Pescara beach
Pescara resort
Beautiful Sorgenti dei Pescara
Morrone Hermitage - Badia
Locally made 'Confetti' (sugared almonds)
Enter a caption for your photo
Snow peaked mountain view
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

224AK_For...
Doha, Qatar
“Home Away From Home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013 for a stay in July 2012
person found this review helpful

We absolutely loved our stay at Casa Paccucci! My children (ages 7, 11 and 14) and I spent 7 weeks during the summer of 2012. From day one (securing the property for rental) the owners were very personable and answered all of my questions and offered suggestions. Upon arrival we were greeted by the key holder and again they were so helpful and I knew that if there was any issue I would have their support. As a single mom with three kids I was a bit concerned about safety before our arrival, but never once, while we were there did I feel that way. I felt completely safe.

The property is quite large, we had plenty of space, we really felt like we were in our own home. The setting is beautiful, you really can't go wrong in Italy, but at Casa Puccucci we were out in the countryside and had views of mountains and valleys all around us that always took our breath away. We were able to go out for daily walks and the views were beautiful. The neighbours are all very friendly, in fact I am still in touch with some of them today.

This property is not something that you would stay in if you wanted to easily walk to the piazza, it is out in the country and a car or bicycle is a necessity, but there are many towns not far that you can join their festivities with either a longer walk, short car ride or bike. During the summer there are "Sagras" around all the villages that you can take part in on the weekend. Sulmona is close with many activities to offer. The Abruzzo area (Torre dei Nolfi is in this region) has many outdoor activities that will keep you busy every day. There are mountain treks, climbing Gran Sasso, canoeing, kayaking and whitewater rafting, local area pools, biking excursions and so much more. Pescara (beach town) is within 30 minutes as are the ski areas of Scanno and Rocaraso. This property is within reach of anything you could possibly wish to do in the Abruzzo area.

I highly recommend Casa Paccucci because I know you will not be disappointed!

5 of 5 bubbles Bedding & mattresses 4 of 5 bubbles Kitchen & utensils
5 of 5 bubbles Bathroom cleanliness 5 of 5 bubbles Other facilities & amenities
5 of 5 bubbles Service
Liked best: The ease of renting the property and the size.
Liked least: No wifi, though I was was able to get my own unlimited through my phone and my kids could use the personal hotspot feature on our computer and iPad.
Traveling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
$62
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your vacation rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing