“Really nice to taste Italian food”

Ristorante Pizzeria Il Vecchio Muro
Ranked #13 of 77 Restaurants in Sulmona
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 29, 2013

On a business trip, I went there with my customer.
We had a really good moment.
Service is really Ok, people always ready to help you.
The home made pasta are fantastic.
I saw some really nice pizza passing in front of me.
It is better to reserve in advance in order to be sure to have a table.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Enjoyed the fact that their pasta is home made, and their caccio è peppe is excellent served in a Parmesan shell. Their arrosticini, a local Abruzzo speciality, lamb skewers, was also good. The pizza good too, but unless you are in for a long evening, it certainly isn't a fast service restaurant. Maybe because it is always very busy!

Reviewed July 5, 2013

The owner of our hotel recommended this restaurant as we were longing for pizza on our last night in Italy. The four of us all ordered different pizzas and all were delicious. Price of food and wine was very reasonable and the garden seating was lovely.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

We dined at Il Vecchio Muro our first night in Sulmona this year and like it so much we went back another evening.

The restaurant is a short walk from the aqueduct, so the location is good. The food was very good, and service was attentive. The prices are quite reasonable.

We sat near the pizza oven, so we got to watch the guy making fresh pizza. We should have tried the pizza but didn't for some reason.

We will definitely go there again when in Sulmona the next time.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

I wished it had been warm weather when we went to Sulmona. This restaurant has a lovely out door seating. The location of the restaurant is close to the center of town. The food was very good, basic,not expensive. I felt like I was eating at the local place where people go. We did not have the pizza but there was a large selection and many folks were ordering them. If we stayed a few more days, I would have gone back to try them. Pastas were good.