This hotel is in a splendid location, centrally placed on the tree-lined promenade and a few steps from a gorgeous beach. It backs onto the pretty, narrow streets of Spotorno old town, so is convenient for strolling past shops and restaurants.
Fairly recently renovated (I think), the hotel has lost none of its attractive, period features. Our room was magnificent - spacious and with a huge private terrace overlooking the promenade and the sea beyond. Pity the sun didn't shine more during our stay!
We were given a warm welcome by efficient female staff - who had also been helpful via e-mail when arranging the booking.
The food in the restaurant was excellent, with very good service from the female waitresses.
All of the above made for an excellent short stay during our drive through northern Italy.
The sting came in the last 30 minutes of our three day stay - at checkout.
I would offer the following tips for the man (owner? manager?) who dealt with us as we prepared to leave:
1. When customers check out, professional hotels offer a fully itemised bill - not a scrap of paper with a hand-written total.
2. If customers insist on having an itemised bill, please prepare this with good grace - and make sure it is correct.
3. If customers notice one obvious mistake (for example a charge for lunch - when only dinner had been taken) on your reluctantly produced itemised bill, do not be surprised if they suspect there might be other errors.
To other travellers - don't let these comments put you off staying at this otherwise excellent hotel. Just make sure that one of the efficient and helpful female members of staff is on duty when you check out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Imperiale is the result of a meticulous restoration of a 19th century villa; the comfort of a modern hotel is combined with the traditional local hospitality and good food. In Terredimare restaurant our chef proposes menus that enhance traditional flavours with products of Ligurian sea and earth. The hotel situated along the promenade of Via Aurelia in front of the garden and our beach, offers different categories of rooms; Standard, Superior, Suite and Dimore, these last with terraces, all with air conditioning and the best amenities for your comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Villa Imperiale Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.