“Great Umbrian cuisine”

Osteria del Trivio
Ranked #35 of 173 Restaurants in Spoleto
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: It's discussed by Tripadvisor members in the blogs section, but has not yet been reviewed. Great place for dinner in Spoleto, moderate prices, very popular with Italians. Tripadvisor readers should be aware of this place.
Reviewed July 15, 2013

This little osteria with red & white checked table cloths tucked away in a side street off Corso Garibaldi is an absolute gem. A warm welcome is extended on arrival & the food is delicious. The anti pasta del trivio (order 1 to share as the portions are large) contains hams, cheese, salamis, fried zucchine flower, even fried quail egg on toasted bread & just when you think you have finished out comes the bruschette. The pasta was perfect & the lamb stew was melt in the mouth wonderful. This followed by a divine but light tiramisu. Try the house wine at 5 euros per half litre, it is Montefalco rosso & very good.
Don't head for the tourist traps at the top end of town - go to Osteria Del Trivio you will not be disappointed.

There are newer reviews for Osteria del Trivio

Reviewed July 7, 2013

During our week in Spoleto, we ate here twice and had wonderful experiences both times. We were extremely well taken care of by our hosts, and had delicious food. Spoleto is one of those towns where there is overpriced tourist food that is mediocre, and then there is simple local food served in family places that is divine. Trivio falls into the second category. The farro soup was superb, especially when given the proprietor's treatment (a sprinkle of cheese and olive oil at the table); the buffalo mozzarella as fresh as can be. The pasta is superb, and there's a vegetarian casserole (thin sliced vegetables with sauce and cheese) that is very good.

I have to mention one other incredible thing about this restaurant, which for me put it over the top. My wife was performing at the festival, so I often found myself going out to dinner with our 15-month old baby and trying to make it through a two-hour meal without a high chair or any assistance. At this restaurant, both proprietors (grandparents themselves) actually helped hold, feed and entertain our baby while daddy tried to eat. To see our host take the time to sit and spoon feed my baby farro soup warmed my heart and made me realize what good hands we were in here. They treated us like family, and for that I am eternally grateful. The food alone is worth the visit, but the hospitality is what makes a real difference, especially in a town that can be jaded by visitors.

Don't miss this place.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

We stayed in Spoleto for more than two weeks, and this was one of our favorite restaurants. The owners are very friendly and gracious. The husband makes suggestions, and everything he recommended was great.

One thing I enjoyed was talking with the owner. While he speaks very good English, we spoke in Italian so that I could practice. I appreciate the fact that he was patient with my pretty basic attempt.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

The is by far the best meal we have eaten in Italy so far, it's a family run place and the food was all home made it was like being in an Italian families home for a meal it is shut on a Tuesday which is a shame as we are only here two days and won't have the opportunity to return.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

There were mostly locals in this place, the food was good and plentiful. It was like eating at your grandmother's, if she were Italian.