“Happy to have found the "truffle" restaurant”
Review of Il Tartufo

Il Tartufo
Ranked #59 of 173 Restaurants in Spoleto
Cuisines: Italian, Moroccan
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Recommended by our villa operator, we went for a meal of truffles. We didn't have a full meal of truffles but what we had was lovely. Th stuffed pork trumped my truffle pasta. I wanted to love it but found myself wanting a little something more. Perhaps gnocchi? But Paoulo's wine is divine and very drinkable. Service was not over the top and refreshingly friendly. Try the tuffle menu if you loooove truffles but the rest of the menu is worth the visit.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

We stopped in for a late lunch here and were not disappointed. My partner went with the truffle menu and had an amazing tagliata of beef with shaved truffles. It was incredibly delicious - I still think about it. My meal was also great but the truffle dishes were the show stealers. The owners were happy to talk with us about the food, the methods and where to shop for truffles in Spoleto (which is a great town, as well).

Definitely stop in if your are in the area.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

I spent a most delightful evening yesterday at il Tartufo celebrating my birthday. We have fallen in love with the food, elegant service and the owner/chef Paolo Di Marco. The atmosphere is warm, attractive and a cut above the norm. I loved the stuffed squash blossom starter and enjoyed the cod main course very much. My companion selected sea bass and gave it 5 stars. All desserts are the final grace notes! We've now had 2 meals there and have decided to eat there several more times before we leave Spoleto. I would VERY highly recommend il Tartufo for lunch or dinner.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

My wife and I stopped in for dinner while in Spoleto. The food was absolutely fantastic. Service was great.
Could not believe the stuffed pork was so good. My wife had the stuffed squash flower. She was very pleased. Plus the wines worked well with dinner.
Stop if you get a chance.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

The owner took care of us personally, the food was fine and the place was elegant. It was a cut above the other places in town that we tried. I can only fault it for the American background music that was being played. When we inquired why no Italian music was being played it was switched to classical.