“I so wanted to love this place but”
Review of Il Tartufo

Il Tartufo
Ranked #54 of 173 Restaurants in Spoleto
Cuisines: Italian, Moroccan
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Naples, Italy
“I so wanted to love this place but”
Reviewed April 8, 2012

Unfortunately, my main course was very disappointing (cold, tough beef). The primi was good and the staff pleasant. However, the cold steak, particularly at the price, was a let down.
I would not return.

Visited April 2012

Miami, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Food”
Reviewed November 7, 2011

We read mixed reviews and after walking around we decided to give it a try.. and am I glad we did! The food was so far the best overall food we've had in Italy. I had the "regional fare" and my husband had a home made pasta with black tartufo.. everything we had was very good.. my favorite was the young pork with a port wine reduction, but everything we tried was good. Some of the reviews commented on the price, but honestly, it's comparable to any other nice restaurant in Italy, and the food was well worth it. My only regret is not having one of the white tartufo dishes which we learned after have a very limited season and availability, and no shelf life.

Visited November 2011
Kenora, Canada
“Hope we can go back again soon!!”
Reviewed October 22, 2011

The service was excellent (I believe it was the owner who served us). The food was outstanding and local and fresh. We sat outside and took in the sights and sounds of Garibaldi Piazza. The wine was great. It was my favorite meal in all our two week vacation in Italy. If we have a chance to ever go to Italy again, Spoleto and Il Tartufo WILL be on our agenda. Only this time we will stay there longer! Thank you Il Tartufo for a fabulous evening! :)

• Visited September 2011
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Quality cuisine in famous Spoleto”
Reviewed August 12, 2011

a dinner in "il tartufo" was outstanding. From the anti pasta, the primi, the secondi to the finishing dolce. It was just excellent food. Subtle variety in tastes, surprising combinations of herbs and spices. The strangozza and the risotto with their speciality tartufo was sublime. Combined with great services and hospitality this restaraunt is well worth a visit.

Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“a small gem”
Reviewed March 21, 2011

We went to Umbria for a marriage of a friend and we spend few days around. The entire region deserves spending time around and Spoleto was a little gem we didn’t know. The restaurant was suggested to us from a common friend living in Rome that has the habit to spend weekends over there recharging his soul, that are exactly his words. We weren't disappointed at all from the choice and the food was well served and tasty. My wife fell in love for "strengozzi al tartufo" and we both had a “bis”. The choice of wine was vast and calibrated with the menu and furthermore I've particularly appreciated the possibility of taking just a glass without the obligation of burning an entire bottle because that gave us the opportunity to twin the wine with the main courses. Price in line with quality.

• Visited February 2011