“Decent ”

Trattoria "La Torretta"
Ranked #9 of 197 Restaurants in Spoleto
Cuisines: Italian, Gastropub
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 23, 2019 via mobile

We made a reservation for this restaurant a couple of weeks in advance because we had theatre during the Spoleto festival and wanted to have dinner before it. Naturally, we took the earliest time. When we arrived it was completely empty, but for some reason the woman who greeted us did not allow us to sit at the table we wanted. There was no reservation sign on it and she didn’t give us any explanation. She pointed to three tables next to it and said we can sit at one of those just because we are first. The setting outside was really lovely. The weather was hot, but it got nicer in the evening and the street in which the restaurant is located was cute. We placed our order and saw people arriving one table after another. Quite fast it got busy. The duo that required about a table earlier, passing by, came back with another person and got the table that I wanted. That was weird and unpleasant. I liked where we were sitting but I didn’t understand what was this whole big deal about it and it made me feel uneasy. I started the meal with a glass of white wine to pair it with my sformatino (rice with cream and truffle). After this I ordered a small carafe of red wine to go with my steak, but the woman didn’t bring a new wine glass. My husband asked it for me. Beef filet was ordered medium-rare and even though there is no such concept in Italy (they don’t have medium-rare or medium-well options), I expected it either rare or medium but not cooked through. You can see it on my photos. The cut is medium-well to well done. Meat was fresh and juicy though. I liked the taste of it. Obviously, because of the theatre, I didn’t point it out or asked to replace it. We had the dessert and paid our bill. After all, an ok experience. If you are dining here, I suggest to order meat rare if you like it medium-rare. Inside rooms are very pretty too, so even if you are not dining outside, it’s still very nice.

15  Thank KatrinaMolini
Write a reviewReviews (655)

Reviewed July 21, 2019

Have to mention the “Lo sformatino di riso al tartufo”. I think it was the most divine dish I have ever eaten.

Reviewed July 6, 2019 via mobile

It is difficult to determine whether the Spoleto Cathedral or Trattoria La Torretta was the highlight of our time in Spoleto. We started with the “hot and cold” starter - a tasty selection to be sure. Next we had the homemade ravioli filled with cheese; easily the best ravioli we have ever tasted. Local sausage and a mixed salad completed the meal. Of course, we had to try the puffed pastry with berries and finish with an espresso. This was one of the best meals we’ve had on this trip to Italy. Highly recommend.

Reviewed July 5, 2019

We had a 5 star experience at this incredible restaurant today. Stefano did a amazing job looking after us. This was the best meal we have had in umbria. Highly recommend this is a must.

Reviewed July 3, 2019 via mobile

My husband, daughter and I dined at this lovely Trattoria. Our waiter was very friendly and efficient. We pre booked the restaurant at home in Australia and our table was waiting for us when we arrived! The views looking over Spoleto added to the charm of a memorable evening.

Date of visit: June 2019