“Gennarro legendary host”

Mon, 9/16
8:00 PM
Ranked #2 of 61 Restaurants in Sestriere
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Description: Cpminichiamo alla gentile clientela che la pizzeria resterà chiusa per un periodo di riposo. Riapriremo per la stagione estiva.
Reviewed March 24, 2019

This pizza was the best of my life so far

Great selection, Gennarro is a great host (the Owner), and friendly pizzaolo's

We visited 4 times in the week, once after a visit to a local restaurant it was that good

Date of visit: March 2019
Write a reviewReviews (205)

Reviewed March 10, 2019

Visited twice with a friend whilst staying in Grangesises. Both times I had the Buratta pizza (with added nduja - burette is a local cheese that comes in a ball and you cut it open to spread over your pizza) - possibly the best pizza I have ever had. The pizza dough is much nicer than a lot of places. It is a lovely restaurant with friendly staff. They also do carry out pizzas. It can get very busy so it is advisable to book in advance. It is not the cheapest place to eat but well worth it.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed January 7, 2019

I have just come back from Sestriere after a week of skiing over new year. We were in a group of 40 people and being an Italian speaker I was the natural choice to organise a new year meal for the whole group. After some research I settled on Da Gennaro and made the arrangements months in advance. They exceeded all my expectations. When we arrived - all 40 of us - on NY night for a proper 'Cenone' the owners and staff couldn't have been nicer or more helpful and we had a truly wonderful new year meal and night. The food was superb and wine was very good. Even though it was a set meal (as is always the case in Italy for a NY 'Cenone') they bent over backwards to accomodate vegetarians both adult and younger and they did so always with a smile despite it being virtually the craziest and busiest night of the year. There was something for everyone and all 40 people in the group agreed we had a wonderful night.
We then came back a few days later for our last big meal together and sampled the day to day business of being a pizzeria and again they were wonderful. This time they only had room for 24 because of the shorter notice but again we had a great time and the pizza was very very good.
One last thing - a previous reviewer mentions they felt this place was expensive. This was not our experience at all. We all found it to be truly excellent value for money and not all expensive.
I simply cannot recommend this place enough. A big thank you to Massimo and Mauro and Jason and the rest of their tireless team.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed August 6, 2018

pizza is ok but nothing of special, food is quite expansive (2 € for "coperto" is too much), restaurant is nice

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank jaoxi2015
Reviewed August 2, 2018 via mobile

It was really pleasure to eat here with great service and great food. I totally recommend their pizza ! I’m pretty sure you’ll be enjoyed as we are!

Date of visit: August 2018