“Fabulous veggie roast”

The Vegetarian Red Lion
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery
Description: Under new management and reopened as of the 7th of March 2017. We are still 100% vegetarian however if you are looking for the previous occupants they have moved to the 'Walnut tree'. We hope to see you soon!
Reviewed March 17, 2019 via mobile

First time visit but will definitely come again when I'm in the area.
The menu had a really diverse selection of veggie dishes but we opted for the lentil and nut roast dinner. Wow wow wow!! The nut roast was moist, very tasty with a super texture wrapped in pastry. The veggies were plentiful and beautifully cooked. It also came with the best cauliflower cheese I've eaten out. Ok so the roast spuds were not crispy but the rest of it was soooo good I am happy to overlook them. After all, they're never great when they're not homemade
A large Yorkshire pud on the side with it all topped with the richest gravy made this meal an absolute winner.
I was a little concerned about the portion size when I saw some other diners meals but the roast was huge!!
Well done on my best restaurant veggie roast dinner so far!!

Reviewed March 17, 2019 via mobile

Long time carnivore, typical pub grub eater very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the good food and great staff! Thank you!

Reviewed March 14, 2019

Friendly and welcoming staff make it this is an excellent venue to introduce friends to veggie. The unpretentious approach to their food is refreshing and the food delivers on quality and quantity. The highlights were the Avocado balls, the moussaka and of course the mushroom Wellington. The only only disappointment was the jackfruit burger which seemed to contain more red onion than anything else, but this would not deter us from a return visit soon.

Reviewed March 4, 2019 via mobile

Had to write this as it’s the umpteenth time I’ve frequented this restaurant and still been blown away by the food quality.
I highly recommend the Tempura Vegetables starter and the Thai curry..... my family had Halloumi ‘fish’ and Chips and that looked lovely too !!!!
We could’ve face a dessert as the portions are so generous. That was a shame as they sounded beautiful.
Two out of our foursome were meat eaters ; but they too were amazed with the flavours and the way it was served piping hot.
Keep it up guys !!!!!
Will be going again but I’ll try main and dessert only I think

Reviewed February 22, 2019

Visited last weekend and was very impressed and can't wait to visit again. Had some delicious food. Portions were of a good size too! Customer service was great, from initially booking a table to the service on the day.

Date of visit: February 2019