“Smile everyday with dogs and nature”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Sítio Folha d´Água: Inside the earth bungalow, with all modern facilities
Sítio Folha d´Água: Inside the earth bungalow, with a loft bed
Sítio Folha d´Água: Inside the earth bungalow, with all modern facilities
Sítio Folha d´Água: happy breakfast
Sitio Folha d´Água: outdoor coffee break area
Sítio Folha d´Água
Sítio Folha d´Água
Sítio Folha d´Água: In the garden
Sítio Folha d´Água: Loving dogs
Sítio Folha d´Água: Relaxing at the pool
Sítio Folha d´Água: little pool
Sítio Folha d´Água: little monkeys
Sítio Folha d´Água: in the garden
Sítio Folha d´Água: holistig space healing arts (acupuncture,hot stone,reiki,chromotherapie,etc.)
Arembepe, beach - 35 minutes walking distance from Sítio Folha d´Água
Arembepe, beach village - 35 minutes walking distance from Sítio Folha d´Água
Arembepe, beach - 35 minutes walking distance from Sítio Folha d´Água
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Portuguese first
Spanish first
Any
Amanda B
“Smile everyday with dogs and nature”
Reviewed August 10, 2018 for a stay in August 2018

I live in London, a big city, and my life is very busy with work and socializing so I was in need of revitalization and to be reconnected with nature, Retreat Bela Natureza Holística provided the perfect place for me to do that.

First thing to talk about is the resident family of 13 dogs. They greeted me with such enthusiasm and love I instantly felt accepted in their home. I was surprised how much they understood how I was feeling and reacted accordingly. Their peaceful energy and behaviors rubbed off on me and allowed me to fully relax and reflect. I learned so much about dog behavior from this unique family, they made me smile every day.

The retreat is not only a heaven for the dogs but also us humans. The eco-lodges provide a perfect balance of sleeping among the nature whilst still having all the luxuries of home. I loved waking up to the sounds of the fresh mangos falling from the trees onto the crunchy leaves, kick starting my appetite for the nutritious, delicious breakfast Evelyn serves each morning. The grounds of the retreat are beautiful and perfect for contemplation. I personally enjoyed visiting the local towns, Coquiero, Arembepe and Praia do Forte, all of which were so charming and beautiful, and the local people were great fun to interact with.

I really wish I had more time at retreat Bela Natureza Holística with the nature, dogs and Evelyn, and if I ever have the chance to return I would come back in a heart beat. After 7 days here I am refreshed and ready to go back to real life.

Date of stay: August 2018
Aug 12, 2018
Dear Amanda, it had been a honor and a pleasure having you with us. You had been such a great guest for us humans and for our doggies as well! Thank you very much, be well and warm regards!
alexsible...
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing stay!!”
Reviewed July 21, 2018 for a stay in June 2018

I had an amazing time at this yoga retreat and wish I could have stayed for longer!

Evelyn and her wonderful dogs were fantastic and so welcoming. The yoga sessions with the dogs were such a unique experience and very relaxing, I would definitely recommend it!

Date of stay: June 2018
Jul 22, 2018
Thank you very much, Alex. It had been a real pleasure for us humans and our resident dogs to have you! We all wish you all best for your travels on our Continent! Warm regards, Evelyn
Bonnie B
“A special place”
Reviewed June 23, 2018 for a stay in June 2018

Time here stands still.This is a place to thoroughly relax. The affection from the 13 dogs and the calming pavilion space were highlights next to time with Evelyn and her wonderful food. Definitely relax with her crystal bowl meditation. We will miss this lovely nature retreat!

Date of stay: June 2018
Jun 24, 2018
Thank you dear Bonnie. For me and all of us it had been a pleasure to be able to have you at our place. We are missing you as well and hope to see you soon again!
luigibc13
Budapest, Hungary
“Peaceful stay in the nature!”
Reviewed November 11, 2016 for a stay in October 2016
person found this review helpful

Retreat Bela Natureza is a great place to find peace and rediscover your sense of wholeness and well-being. The 15 dogs are something very special and unique to observe and coexist with, bringing a whole new different experience to the concept of nature retreat. The cabins are very cosy with a colorful brazilian design. The place has everything you would need for spending a quiet and relaxed time, access to an outdoor kitchen, internet a pool, and the whole grounds full of trees and plants from typical atlantic forest native to Brazil. The retreat is walking distance to the village of Arembepe and the beach. Great experience!

Date of stay: October 2016
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
elisegira...
Argenteuil, France
“Amazing place”
Reviewed April 11, 2016 for a stay in January 2016

It was such a nice experience to stay at Retreat Bela Natureza. I was there for 1 month and really enjoyed it. To be close with nature and the dogs has really bring me some peace, it's such a peaceful and enjoyable place.
The dogs all have their own personality and it's so interesting to observe them, and so enjoyable to play with them (they're really well educated).
The place is beautiful, a lot of nice plants and trees, shade, and comfortable rooms.
Really recommend it!! Plus, Evelyn is adorable.

Date of stay: January 2016
Traveling group: Seul(e)
Beril Ece...
“Find your own paradise in Arembepe”
Reviewed October 23, 2015 for a stay in October 2015

We stayed in Sitio Folha D'Agua for 5 days and it was amazing! The location is perfect. You can go to the beach, Aldeia Hippie, Projeto Tamar. Transportation to Salvador is very easy as the place is located about only 10 minutes walking from the bus stop. A little supermarket is about a few minutes walk distance. You can walk around Arembepe and Coqueiro’s villages and feel the local life and culture. We stayed in one of the ecological earth houses which is simply beautiful, cosy and comfortable. There is a private bathroom (shower with hot water), a comfy bed (with mosquito net), a hamock and a desk just in front of the window with a beautiful view of the green green garden. We started our days with Evelyn's (the owner) incredible breakfast, which was just the perfect way to start a perfect day. We tasted different Bahian dishes and lots of tropical fruits. Evelyn knows a lot about the Bahian history and Bahian culture so, talking to her about the culture is like having a guide through the Bahian history! The best part is of course the dogs: Evelyn is living at the next door land with 16 adorable dogs and allowed us to contact to them. All of the dogs have different characteristics. It is a lot of fun getting to know each of them and learning their habits, their likes and dislikes... Being with a big dog pack teaches you A LOT about dogs and to stay at Sitio Folha D'Agua is a great opportunity to learn about them. And of course, there are the monkeys. Especially in the morning, the little cute monkeys come jumping around on the trees. When the dogs recognize the monkeys, the party begins! The dogs start to jump and run around, trying to play with the monkeys smile emoticon, I would definitally recommend Sitio Folha D'Agua to people who wants to have some inspiring and happy time who love animals and nature...

Date of stay: October 2015
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Oct 24, 2015
Dear Beril, thank you very much that you have chosen our place. I am very happy that you did like our S�tio so much, and that I got to know you. Truly, it was a great pleasure for me to have you here as a guest. Come back whenever it pleases you, the doors are always open for you! Thank you again, Evelyn
sabinajan...
Rorschacherberg, Switzerland
“Unconventional experience with great moments”
Reviewed October 17, 2015 for a stay in October 2015

We arrived in Arembepe by public bus on a Friday evening and were expected at the bus station by our very kind host Evelyn Hartoch who took us to our lodge at her big property, which still seems to be so untouched. Arriving there we were welcomed by Evelyn's 16 dogs who barked loudly in order to say hello to us. We had to talk to all of them so that they knew us. Evelyn showed us our lodge in the middle of her garden. The lodge is rather small and makes you feel cozy inside. However there is enough space to store your things. The bed was a bit small for the two of us as we are both rather tall. Yet we got used to that. The only problem are the mosquitos that try to suck your blood whenever they can. Therefore you absolutely need an insect repellent to sleep relatively quiet under the mosquito net as the property is close to a river. The breakfast that is served by Evelyn and her assistants with much love is delicious and offers a choice of local fruits, bread, cheese, ham and coffee. It is served close to the lodge and offers a nice view on the garden. The small pool nearby, where you can relax and have a moment of peace, was one of our favorites. The Folha d'Agua is really for people who love nature and animals, mainly dogs, but as well monkeys, possums, huge toads and butterflies, all of them harmless, don't worry! Also it is recommendable to rent a car as the place is about 30 minutes on foot from the beaches in Arembepe although there is a public bus that stops close by. But by car one can also visit the whole Costa dos Coqueiros with its amazing beaches, picturesque villages such as Praia do Forte or Imbassai and its lush Atlantic rain forests, where you can hike. In Arembepe there is a restaurant, the Mar Aberto, with delicious meals, especially Badeju fish, that the fishermen bring there every day, and a stunning view!!! The beach is special as there is a salt water pool protected by a reef, where huge waves offer a spectacular view and always feed the pool with fresh water. The nearby hippie village is funny to visit. Nevertheless, be aware of pick pockets among some of its residents!!! On the whole we had a wonderful time at the Folia d'Agua, enjoying so many great moments. And Evelyn is a wonderful host who knows so much about this region and helps you plan your stay in every detail. We also had some interesting and enjoyable encounters with the international volunteers that stay at the property in order to help Evelyn with her chores. Go and try it out, then you will know what I mean...

Date of stay: October 2015
Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Anlage und ihre Bewohner
Liked least: Moskitos
Oct 19, 2015
Dear Sabina and Andrzej, thank you so much for have chosen our place to stay and thus made it possible to get to know you, such nice people and wonderful guests! We all are missing you, including the dogs (wau wau wau!). Thank you as well for your informative revew. I am very happy that you did enjoy your time at S�tio, but I am really sorry that there were so many mosquitos, which are more present at times, depending on the weather conditions. You are absolutely right in reminding future guests to bring a good repellent; I will include this aspect in the description. Wishing you a good time and hope to see you again! Cheers, Evelyn
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing