“Find your own paradise in Arembepe”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Sítio Folha d´Água: Inside the earth bungalow, with all modern facilities
Sítio Folha d´Água: Inside the earth bungalow, with a loft bed
Sítio Folha d´Água: Inside the earth bungalow, with all modern facilities
Sítio Folha d´Água: happy breakfast
Sitio Folha d´Água: outdoor coffee break area
Sítio Folha d´Água
Sítio Folha d´Água
Sítio Folha d´Água: In the garden
Sítio Folha d´Água: Loving dogs
Sítio Folha d´Água: Relaxing at the pool
Sítio Folha d´Água: little pool
Sítio Folha d´Água: little monkeys
Sítio Folha d´Água: in the garden
Sítio Folha d´Água: holistig space healing arts (acupuncture,hot stone,reiki,chromotherapie,etc.)
Arembepe, beach - 35 minutes walking distance from Sítio Folha d´Água
Arembepe, beach village - 35 minutes walking distance from Sítio Folha d´Água
Arembepe, beach - 35 minutes walking distance from Sítio Folha d´Água
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Portuguese first
Spanish first
Any
Beril Ece...
“Find your own paradise in Arembepe”
Reviewed October 23, 2015 for a stay in October 2015

We stayed in Sitio Folha D'Agua for 5 days and it was amazing! The location is perfect. You can go to the beach, Aldeia Hippie, Projeto Tamar. Transportation to Salvador is very easy as the place is located about only 10 minutes walking from the bus stop. A little supermarket is about a few minutes walk distance. You can walk around Arembepe and Coqueiro’s villages and feel the local life and culture. We stayed in one of the ecological earth houses which is simply beautiful, cosy and comfortable. There is a private bathroom (shower with hot water), a comfy bed (with mosquito net), a hamock and a desk just in front of the window with a beautiful view of the green green garden. We started our days with Evelyn's (the owner) incredible breakfast, which was just the perfect way to start a perfect day. We tasted different Bahian dishes and lots of tropical fruits. Evelyn knows a lot about the Bahian history and Bahian culture so, talking to her about the culture is like having a guide through the Bahian history! The best part is of course the dogs: Evelyn is living at the next door land with 16 adorable dogs and allowed us to contact to them. All of the dogs have different characteristics. It is a lot of fun getting to know each of them and learning their habits, their likes and dislikes... Being with a big dog pack teaches you A LOT about dogs and to stay at Sitio Folha D'Agua is a great opportunity to learn about them. And of course, there are the monkeys. Especially in the morning, the little cute monkeys come jumping around on the trees. When the dogs recognize the monkeys, the party begins! The dogs start to jump and run around, trying to play with the monkeys smile emoticon, I would definitally recommend Sitio Folha D'Agua to people who wants to have some inspiring and happy time who love animals and nature...

Date of stay: October 2015
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Oct 24, 2015
Dear Beril, thank you very much that you have chosen our place. I am very happy that you did like our S�tio so much, and that I got to know you. Truly, it was a great pleasure for me to have you here as a guest. Come back whenever it pleases you, the doors are always open for you! Thank you again, Evelyn
sabinajan...
Rorschacherberg, Switzerland
“Unconventional experience with great moments”
Reviewed October 17, 2015 for a stay in October 2015

We arrived in Arembepe by public bus on a Friday evening and were expected at the bus station by our very kind host Evelyn Hartoch who took us to our lodge at her big property, which still seems to be so untouched. Arriving there we were welcomed by Evelyn's 16 dogs who barked loudly in order to say hello to us. We had to talk to all of them so that they knew us. Evelyn showed us our lodge in the middle of her garden. The lodge is rather small and makes you feel cozy inside. However there is enough space to store your things. The bed was a bit small for the two of us as we are both rather tall. Yet we got used to that. The only problem are the mosquitos that try to suck your blood whenever they can. Therefore you absolutely need an insect repellent to sleep relatively quiet under the mosquito net as the property is close to a river. The breakfast that is served by Evelyn and her assistants with much love is delicious and offers a choice of local fruits, bread, cheese, ham and coffee. It is served close to the lodge and offers a nice view on the garden. The small pool nearby, where you can relax and have a moment of peace, was one of our favorites. The Folha d'Agua is really for people who love nature and animals, mainly dogs, but as well monkeys, possums, huge toads and butterflies, all of them harmless, don't worry! Also it is recommendable to rent a car as the place is about 30 minutes on foot from the beaches in Arembepe although there is a public bus that stops close by. But by car one can also visit the whole Costa dos Coqueiros with its amazing beaches, picturesque villages such as Praia do Forte or Imbassai and its lush Atlantic rain forests, where you can hike. In Arembepe there is a restaurant, the Mar Aberto, with delicious meals, especially Badeju fish, that the fishermen bring there every day, and a stunning view!!! The beach is special as there is a salt water pool protected by a reef, where huge waves offer a spectacular view and always feed the pool with fresh water. The nearby hippie village is funny to visit. Nevertheless, be aware of pick pockets among some of its residents!!! On the whole we had a wonderful time at the Folia d'Agua, enjoying so many great moments. And Evelyn is a wonderful host who knows so much about this region and helps you plan your stay in every detail. We also had some interesting and enjoyable encounters with the international volunteers that stay at the property in order to help Evelyn with her chores. Go and try it out, then you will know what I mean...

Date of stay: October 2015
Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Anlage und ihre Bewohner
Liked least: Moskitos
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Oct 19, 2015
Dear Sabina and Andrzej, thank you so much for have chosen our place to stay and thus made it possible to get to know you, such nice people and wonderful guests! We all are missing you, including the dogs (wau wau wau!). Thank you as well for your informative revew. I am very happy that you did enjoy your time at S�tio, but I am really sorry that there were so many mosquitos, which are more present at times, depending on the weather conditions. You are absolutely right in reminding future guests to bring a good repellent; I will include this aspect in the description. Wishing you a good time and hope to see you again! Cheers, Evelyn
Martincho...
Paris, France
“Nature retreat with many friendly dogs”
Reviewed September 5, 2015 for a stay in August 2015

The hut I stayed in is the perfect combination of tranquility and peace that I (and perhaps you) are after. Being the only person in my hut, it was the perfect space for my time away where I wanted to spend time on myself and my personal projects. It is ample with a bed in an upstairs loft-like area. I really liked to spend time reading on my hammock which was in my hut, or work on some things on my laptop on the provided desk.

It may be a bit intimidating at first that the roof doesn’t completely block you off from the outside (it overhangs the walls and does give you privacy), though after the first impression it is really nice and has you feel apart of the wonderful nature outside.

The location is great, only a few minutes walk to the supermarket and about 20 minutes to the town of Arembepe which has nice beaches, local food and local people who are really nice. One local was working in Evelyn’s property cutting coconut trees (which there are plenty of) and he invited me for a football game on a Sunday. I went and had a great time.

My favourite part of my stay was that I was invited to play with the neighbouring dogs. They are the owner’s dog, Evelyn and they stay in their areas, but you’re more than welcome to go and join them and play with them. One day I took them to the beach for a good swim which was great fun!

The only downside if the amount of mosquitos that are in the area, especially during sunrise and sunset. Though Evelyn does provide a very good mosquito net for your bed, which is great peace of mind, remember to bring insect repellant.

Date of stay: August 2015
Oct 19, 2015
Hello Martin, thank you for your informative revew, which will help future guest do decide! We are missing you, including the dogs, which did love you so much! I am very happy that you did enjoy your time at S�tio and had find the peace of mind to go ahead with your important projects! But I am really sorry that there were so many mosquitos and you had been alergic to them, which are more present at times, depending on the weather conditions. You are absolutely right in reminding future guests to bring a good insect repellent; I will include this aspect in the description. Wishing you a good time and safe travels! All best, Evelyn
Pamela M
Salvador, BA
“Folha d´Água is truly a unique piece of paradise!”
Reviewed August 18, 2015 for a stay in August 2015

I stayed in one of the beautiful ecological earth houses that have all the facilities and much more, such as private bathroom, comfortable bed (with mosquito net), and your own hammock. The cabin is surrounded by tropical native trees and the lodge has many different spots that are perfect to meditate, or be inspired to write, read your favourite book or just to relax. It is very close to Salvador international airport and to the main attractions in the area that I was able to visit on a day trips, e.g. Salvador city and Praia do Forte. Local transport is very easy to use as the place is located just a few metres from the bus stop. The lodge’s location gives a great opportunity to interact with and learn how the local people are living in Arembepe and Coqueiro’s villages. The breakfast is delicious!!! I learnt about and tried different types of authentic Bahia flavours. What I did enjoy the most? Having the opportunity to interact with nature, welcoming the little monkeys that came for a visit every day, and having the AMAZING opportunity to spend my mornings and afternoons playing with the 16 dogs that Evelyn (the owner of the place) has in her house, which is located next door. For me it was a surprise to discover the incredible world behind a pack (or better to say a ‘family’) of dogs, learning the unique characters and behaviours of each one of the dogs and joining them in different aspects of their daily routine. Evelyn is very nice and I really enjoyed our conversations learning a little bit about everything, from Brazilian’s culture, plants, animals, and composting system to dogs. She is a great teacher!

I would recommend Folha d´Água to everyone who is looking for an inspiring and tranquil place to stay where nature, wild animals, friendly dogs and peace coexist in perfect harmony.

Date of stay: August 2015
Traveling group: Com cônjuge/parceiro
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
Oct 19, 2015
Hello dear Pamela, thank you so much for have chosen our place to stay and thus made it possible to get to know you, such nice people and wonderful guests as you and your husband are! Thank you as well for your informative revew. I am very happy that you did enjoy your time at S�tio! Wishing you good and safe travels! Cheers, Evelyn
Akachai C
“Beautiful place”
Reviewed July 30, 2015 for a stay in July 2015

Sorry for late feedback hahaha I stayed at Sitio Folha d´Água for 10 days from July 6 2015 in exchange program

I had such a very good experience there. The owner, Evelyn is a very nice person ever that I met in this trip, every morning she prepared awesome breakfast, told the story about food and real tradition in Bahia manything....  Sometime we explored around Arembepe area that's very nice

In the privat area from Evelyn there are a lot of dogs, and you can enjoy them if you want, they are very funny everyone have their own incredible personality.. You will see if you be here hahaha

The earth guest house....  That was amazing best place ever for stay and be apart with nature,very comfortable in every meaning.

Wifi is in the common area.

... If I come back to Bahia for sure I will come here again

Date of stay: July 2015
Oct 19, 2015
Hello Akachai, thank you for your informative revew! We all did like very much having you here, and - of course! - you will be more than wellcome to come back to Bahia and the S�tio! All best for you! Cheers, Evelyn
Maciej T
“Perfect time in the relaxing yet creative atmosphere”
Reviewed December 11, 2014 for a stay in December 2014
person found this review helpful

I stayed in the earth house for 2 weeks and the time here couldn't be better! It's very comfortable yet fully environmentally-friendly place to rest and gather some energy for the future. It's also relatively close to the charming village of Arembepe where beaches and restaurants are one if the best in the area. I wanted to have some peaceful time to write my thesis while having the possibility to swim in the sea and just relax in a very chilled out atmosphere. This place fully met my expectations! :)

Date of stay: December 2014
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Friendly and open atmosphere in the harmony with nature.
Liked least: For one day there was no electricity in the village of Arembepe and I couldn't work on my thesis.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Jan 31, 2015
Thank you very much. We are happy that you enjoyed beeing at our Sítio. We enjoyed as well having you over here, and mainly your spezial good mood and humor! All our best wishes for you.
Martin P
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing! Can't wait to go back”
Reviewed November 24, 2014 for a stay in November 2014

I only stayed at Sítio Folha d´Água for a weekend but I really enjoyed my time there. The location was perfect and the people in the area were really friendly. Definitely want to return soon!

Date of stay: November 2014
Your age range 18-24
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing