Hotel Helvetia
Grande Albergo(Sestri Levante)
$248
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Villa Agnese(Sestri Levante)
$185
Grand Hotel Dei Castelli(Sestri Levante)
$360
Grand Hotel Villa Balbi(Sestri Levante)
$224
$217
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Due Mari(Sestri Levante)
$306
$297
  • Pool
Hotel Genova(Sestri Levante)
$125
  • Bar/Lounge
Suite Hotel Nettuno(Sestri Levante)
$350
$318
Hotel Relais San Rocco(Sestri Levante)
$148
$124
Villa Pozzi(Riva Trigoso)(Great Value!)
$93
B&B.it
$324
HotelsClick
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsoverlooking the baycinque terregorgeous viewstrain stationlight lunchrooms are spaciouswelcome drinkeggs and baconowners and staffearly septemberpool and sun decksecure garagebreakfast was deliciousbaia del silenziolovely townhotel is lovelyitalian tourists
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We were so delighted with our first visit two years ago and made up our minds to return in the not too distant future. When telling friends, they asked if they could join us next time. That was this July and they loved it as much as we did. It's difficult to recommend places we like to friends as everyone has different tastes, but here there was no problem. As we experienced before, everything stands up to my last review. The Hotel itself, it's position, the rooms, and especially the staff who are all so friendly and can not do enough for you to make your visit perfect. It would be good to have a few more sun loungers on the sun deck above the pool, as the hotel was busy and therefore difficult to find any free, unless you are one of those persons who get up early to reserve one by putting your towel over it. That's not my way! There is however plenty of room and sun beds on the roof solarium.
Can not fault the Hotel and resort for relaxing days.

Room Tip: If you book early you should reserve one of the front rooms overlooking the Bay de Silencio. a wonderful vista when opening the shutters in the morning.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Stayed at the Helvetia in July this year as part of our Anniversary trip to Europe. Stayed here last year and loved it so we decided to come again. We went on a cruise out of Venice around the Greek Islands and Turkey which was very hectic so we needed a bit of relaxation so we decided to stay in Sestri Levante and the Helvetia. Like last year's stay we thoroughly enjoyed the town and the hotel. Our experience with the owners and staff were very positive and they were always helpful. Had a garden view room on the 4th floor which also had bay views over the pool from a good size balcony. Enjoyed a few quiet drinks from the balcony each night before going out on the town. Room was a good size and with a nice bathroom. Breakfast is always nice with beautiful home made cakes each morning (great banana cake). The location is to die for overlooking the Bay of Silence. We went on a afternoon cruise on the Silent Bay yacht which is moored at the bay jetty and had a nice afternoon sailing and swimming in the crystal waters. We used the hotel bikes one day and rode around the town for a good look, even went up the hills! Could not fault the hotel, it's location or the people.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dean G
Reviewed July 25, 2013

My wife and I have just spent three nights at Hotel Helvetia. The Bay of Silence, over which the hotel sits, is a beautiful dreamlike place. The hotel is very well presented and the staff are charming, helpful and very hospitable. We had a large room overlooking the bay which provided the most perfect outlook at any time of the day or night. Our room had two ensuites which was a real treat as I had one and my wife the other. Both were well appointed and new. The room was large with lovely furniture and a comfy bed. There was plenty of storage space so we unpacked everything when we arrived and enjoyed not having to rummage through our luggage for things during our stay.

The breakfast is served on the terrace overlooking the bay. It's well stocked with a wide range of continental things to eat. Nicole was one of the breakfast staff and she was very friendly and efficient. Also in the afternoon we sat on the terrace and were entertained by Leonardo who served us lovely refreshing drinks with olives, foccacia and crisps.

The pool is not large but it's perfect for a dip to cool off. One can sit in the pool and gaze at the bay over the infiniti edge. There's a higher terrace which has loungers for sun-bathing and the hotel rooftop has more. In fact the roof is easy to access from the lift so we tended to lie up there and come down the spiral staircase to the pool. The hotel has a number of bicycles available for guest use at no charge so we enjoyed exploring the local vicinity on the bikes. We used them one evening to ride around the bay for dinner.

There's a bar on the beach outside the hotel that serves drinks and snacks during the day and at night is the place to be in Sestri Levante with all the beautiful people, lovely bar staff and great ambient house music. We loved sitting there after diiner to enjoy the whole atmosphere of the place and then walk 10 meters to the hotel.

The hotel owners are a lovely couple and were very friendly and willing to make our stay as pleasurable as possible. I would recommend this hotel without hesitation and we will do our best to return sometime.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Clive B
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Everything about this hotel is magnificent!

My husband and I where in room 118, top floor, lovely and clean, we had a bathroom each and yes, sheets are fresh daily. The view is staggeringly gorgeous as are all the hotel amenities.

The pool is gorgeous and the rooftop solarium is a great place to chill.

There is a glamorous feel at the hotel - top interiors and the outdoor areas are all yellow and white stripes like another hotel we stayed in whilst visiting Capri.

We are definitely planning to return to this hotel as the husband and wife owners made us feel at ease and very welcome.
There is also a wonderful bar tender called Leonardo who makes the best Aperol Spritzers I've ever had.

I can't imagine what would possess a person to behave badly in this place - leaving the staff quite shaken I might add.
Don't read these bad reviews - this place couldn't be any better than it already is.

• Stayed: July 2013
4  Thank Jennifer B
Reviewed July 22, 2013

On a recent very busy 6 week holiday (I decided during the planning stage that I needed 3 days just to laze around a pool and relax for minimum of 3 nights) When I found the site of Hotel Helvetia, the sight of the beautiful lap pool overlooking the picturesque bay sold me. I was travelling alone and the 170 euro a night was great for this picture perfect setting.

I began to question my choice in the taxi en route as the driver spoke. He actually took me on a tour of the beautiful Sestri Lavante and whilst he did not say anything directly bad he did not say anything positive about my hotel choice. He did speak warmly of other establishments ( in my opinion)

Once there I was struck by the lack of hospitality. The gentleman who showed me to my room was terrible flustered but pleasant enough. The older lady behind the counter could not even acknowledege me with a smile. I had to ask where breakfast was served, where the pool was, where were the complimentary bikes, did they have a town map (which they did not produce). On the way to my room the gentleman told me I would be served a welcome drink (but not when or where) I was almost in my room when he said I would not be able to use the pool till later that day because a film crew were using it to shoot a commercial. I expressed my disappontment.

When I originally booked I had viewed all the rooms on the net and advised that I would go ahead with the booking but not the "green room" So I smiled when I entered the "green room" They had changed the bed cover from green to yellow...no problem really. The room was pleasant enough, the bathroom very modern and all very clean. I unpacked and found my bearings but realised that I would have to leave my room as the shouting from the camera crew was too noisy to enjoy the room or the balcony. Their wires and equipment were directly outside my room and they were constantly running by and shouting instructions etc. I went to explore the wonderful little town and thought I will be more ready for my swim at 5pm (when I was told the pool would be available)

Of course when I got back there was a change and I was told I would not be able to use until tomorrow. I said I would prefer to leave so the "flustered " man asked me to wait (I was left in reception with the older lady who sat behind the counter with no acknowledgement of my presence...I told her her hotel was lovely in broken Italian) When he returned he said I could use the private beach and asked me if I had enjoyed my welcome drink????? No where was the private beach and where was the drink. With all due respect to all concerned, I come from Australia where we can boast the most magnificent beaches, this was a grey shaley beach with a little rope dividing the general public from the private (the quaintness is a draw card which brings a smile to my face) I had my drink at the private bar, thank you and left to explore the town and thank fully I found a place (Hotel Grande Albergo which has marvellous helpful, welcoming staff and a roof top pool with wonderful views and they could accommodate me)

I advised the staff at Helvetia that I would be checking out in the morning (whilst in reception I heard another guest saying they had to unexpectedly leave in the morning)

The next day I went for breakfast and when I used the internet in reception I advised another lady that I would be leaving and thought I had paid for the first night could she get my bill. She spoke english but (in my opinion) she had no idea what my bill status was and indeed just mid "helping", left me high and dry and went to try and serve another guest. In frustration I left and went to my room to pack.

When I got upstairs my door was wide open, my bed had been stripped, bedding was piled high on my suitcase and it was only 9am. I tried to speak with the lovely housemaid who was in my room and discovered that she was under the impression I was staying (they must change sheets daily). Back to reception and the dizzy lady who was not aware that I was leaving. I informed her I had told reception the night before (two staff members present) Again I was in the middle of speaking to this younger woman (with pigtails) when she left me mid sentence to answer the telephone.

I went to my room, packed and out of a great disappointment could not wait to get out of there and START my relaxation. It was obvious there was a lack of communication here and their procedures were not up to scratch so I queried the payment of the first night because I mistakenly thought I had ( the next place I was staying at was also 170 euro and they had taken payment)

Well it took another 40 minutes before I could leave because it could not be sorted and I was by this time doubful of them. I explained this time to a gentleman (husband of the lady with pigtails) that they must have booked the commercial people in advance and it would have been curteous to advise guests on arrival and if they were not happy with this then they could offer to help them move elsewhere.

The Helvetia is a pretty place, all staff except reception were very nice, the pool area is wonderful and the view of the bay magnificent. Everything in gorgeous Sestri Levante is within walking distance. I could not recommend the Helvetia for the lack of hospitality and rudeness of reception...they reduced my bill to 100 euros without question so I should not complain but they cost me a day of my holiday which I was not happy about) I went on to have the time of my life and thankfully in part to the Grande Alberga and staff I have wonderful memories of Sestri Levante.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family