“MagicalWeekend in sestri levante”
Review of San Marco 1957

San Marco 1957
Reserve with
San Marco 1957 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #58 of 169 Restaurants in Sestri Levante
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A typical but elegant restaurant in traditional and original marine style, it is one of the oldest in town. It opened his doors to public in 1957 and it is still operating nowadays under the direction of Roberto Fama', its owner and master chef, who has been running it for the last 31 years. Its location, with a beautiful view on the Bay of Tales (from where every night you can see the fishermen's boat leaving) is in harmony with the quality foods it serves. It is open for lunch and dinner all year long (but Wednesday during winter time - it is closed every year from Jan.9 To Feb.9). The cuisine offers dishes of the Ligurian tradition (land and sea specialties) accompanied by excellent wines with a selections from all Italy (approx 350 labels) and desserts to satisfy all palates. It is one of the 41 restaurants in all the Ligurian Region that has been chosen by the Chamber of Commerce of Genova to adhere to the Project GENOVA GOURMET , the geographic collective mark (GCM) for Genoese restaurants conceived, registered and guaranteed by the Genoa Chamber of Commerce to increase the value and protect the excellence and traditional characteristics of the local cuisine, certifying "The real Genoa on your plate...". The Chamber of Commerce, together with the industry associations (Ascom Confcommercio - Fepag and Confesercenti - Fiepet), issues the Genova Gourmet mark to those restaurants that pledge to apply the rules which guarantee the origin and quality of the dishes served to customers that are prepared according to traditional Genoese recipes using certified local products. Ristorante San Marco can satisfy all budgets. It also serves pizzas (in the evening only) made with Buffalo Mozzarella as well as focaccia. The "patron" Robert Fama', competent and meticulous chef himself (he has been Officier de Maitre de la Table "Chaine de Rotisseur" for the last thirty years) invites you to walk in his restaurant and and enjoy his kitchen. Our full Menu is available on the webpage and offers a variety of menus to please all clients. Every day we offer the Business Menu' at Euro 15.00, Two different Tasting Menus at Euro 35.00, And Menu' Ardesia at Euro 45.00 . A large selection from the menu is also available every day. We accept reservations. It is open unti late evening (kitchen closes at 11pm). Live music. We can accommodate large banquets, weddings, family reaunions as well as business lunches and dinners. We speak English, French and Spanish.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“MagicalWeekend in sestri levante”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Walking all the way down along
Sestri Levante's lungomare, we found ourselves at San Marco's restaurant. The food was exceptional, the views magical and the ambience genuine - an unforgettable experience. A must dining spot for any visit to the Cinque Terre area.

• Visited May 2013
RobertoF661, Proprietario at San Marco 1957, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Customer,

thank you for your review. We enjoyed reading it: quick but great.

Roberto

Atlanta, Georgia
“A can't miss experience!”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

If you are in Italy, anywhere near the Cinque Terre or Portofino, you must visit this restaurant in Sestri Levante, a lovely seaside town on the Liguran coast. This restaurant is very proximate (walking distance) to the train station and downtown beach promenade and yet is a world away. The friendly staff, the outstanding service, and above all, the awesome food with an incredible view of the harbor is worth the trip! We were there on Easter Sunday brunch and the restaurant was full to overflowing. Nevertheless, we had friendly, personable service, deliciously-prepared food and drink, and a wonderful view and pleasant ambiance to enjoy. I give this restaurant two thumbs up and my highest recommendation.

• Visited March 2013
RobertoF661, Proprietario at San Marco 1957, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Mrs. Sonia
We loved to read your words. It makes us very proud of the work that we try to keep at the highest level. Easter Day was indeed an incredible busy day. Despite it, I read that your expense was great! Thank you, on my behalf and on the behalf of my entire staff. Hopefully, we will have you soon back in our region which is one of the most beautiful ones!
Come back and visit us as well as the Cinque Terre!!

Roberto and Elisabetta
“Magnificent restauarant with terrific food, ambiance, and service”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

San Marco 1957 is one of the best restaurants I have had the pleasure of dining at in my life. I have traveled all over the world and eaten at many "fine dining" establishments, but very few of these have excelled on all aspects of the dining experience--taste, presentation, ambiance, friendly and efficient service, quality and variety of dishes offered. First, the ambiance cannot be beat--on a private drive, surrounded by the Ligurian Sea, every table with a view of the sea charming town of Sestri Levante. Second, the friendliness of the staff--this is not your stuffy "fine dining" restaurant where you feel uncomforatable. Roberto, Elisabetta, and the entire staff put everyone at ease and make them feel welcome. Third, the amazing cuisine and selection of fine wines and desserts. The quality and presentation of the food is unsurpassed!

• Visited April 2013
Dear Guest,
On my behalf and on behalf of my staff, we thank you for your review. From an expert traveler as you state you are, it is a big compliment to read your words. W are glad you found the environment pleasant and they you loved our foods.
We hope you will come soon to enjoy our delicacies as well as the view from the Restaurant's tables!!!
Roberto
Easton, PA
“Serendipity by the Sea”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We happened upon this gem of a restaurant one lazy afternoon. It was off-season, early November, and we were enjoying a quiet walk along the bay and out to the pier. Fishing boats were docking and the sounds and smell of the sea created a beautiful backdrop to the welcoming restaurant on the pier, with views of the city across the small bay.

I say it was serendipity because when the waiter heard our English, he eagerly motioned a lovely woman from the restaurant to come over to speak with us and we soon discovered that we had much in common and would thereafter become friends. All of this was going on amidst the backdrop of an explanation of an extensive Ligurian menu, browsing the long wine list, and finally settling on some freshly caught seafood dishes. We were more accustomed to the typical meals of Tuscany, so trying a whole new cuisine was an adventure that was richly rewarded with our wonderful selections.

We will always fondly look back on the experience as one of culinary discovery, impeccable personal attention, warm welcome, and serendipity.

• Visited November 2012
Dear guests,
Thank you, thank you for your kind words. !!
November is a very low month of the year to visit our area and sometimes the weather does not give credit to the area. But it seemed you found what you were looking for and, let me say, your words have warmed up our hearts. I shared your review with the staff, and they loved to hear that. Words like yours make us wanted to do better and better every day.
We hope that in occasion of your next trip to the area, you will stop and visit us.
Elisabetta, the lady who you spoke to you, who is alas translating this letter for me, always enjoy to spend time talking clients. She really loved to read your words!
On my behalf and on her too, we thank you and hope to have you back very soon!
With love and gratitude,
Roberto and Elisabetta
And the entire staff of the Ristorante San Marco
:-)
Atlanta, Georgia
“Awesome dining experience. You must go!”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I ate at San Marco over a year ago but I still dream about that excellent July lunch. I just wish I lived closer! Not only did I have the best spaghetti allo scoglio I've ever had in my life (and I do eat out a lot), but I got to enjoy one of the most beautiful restaurant settings I can remember. Right on the marina, with beautiful views of the gulf and the town of Sestri, the restaurant is tastefully decorated and even in the hot summer months feels fresh and inviting. The food is simply excellent, and you can choose from a wide variety of dishes made with the catch of the day, but also from numerous non-fish options. The wine list is also very good. As to the personnel, I found them very friendly and professional at the same time, just the perfect balance you want when you are eating out. If you like excellent food and are looking for that one of a kind dining experience that you won't easily forget, try this restaurant, you won't regret it.

RobertoF661, Proprietario at San Marco 1957, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Mrs. Patrizia,
Thank you indeed for your review of our Restaurant. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed our specialities as well as the view..it is fantastic indeed., isn't it? We will pass on your words to our chefs and our personnel? We invite you to come back and join us for dinner to enjoy the live music and our singer, who is now played every night.

W are looking forward to see you soon in Italy!
Roberto Fama'