“Very pleasant”

Ristorante Portobello
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Great for pasta and seafood. Service is very attentive. Over priced for food but wine list is very reasonable. Highly recommend their lobster secondi

There are newer reviews for Ristorante Portobello

Reviewed September 1, 2012

Located in the Bay of Silence, and part of the Vis à Vis hotel, it has a beautiful scenery. We went to this place twice, during the three nights we stayed in Sestri Levante. Excellent service - you are welcomed with a free glass of prosecco, reasonable prices for excellent modern Italian cuisine, everything what one expects from an upscale restaurant. We loved it, and recommend it to anyone staying in the region.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

I have been to Portobello a few times and I love the bay called 'Baia del Silenzio' (the bay of silence) in Sestri Levante. It is indeed a very relaxed place and the outside of this restaurant is a balcony on the beach in the middle of the bay. It is beautiful and with a crisp glass of white wine you could stay for hours. And you will stay long, as unfortunately the service is a little slow. I was there for my birthday last year and I was absolutely starving by the time I got something to eat that was not bread. However the service is very friendly and the food is quite good although some dishes better than other. What I like is that in a region where all the restaurants serve very similar fares, they try to be innovative with fish tartares and particular cuts of meat. The pastas are also creative rather than the old pesto. If you want to spend a romantic night with your partner this is the ideal restaurant. Bring a sweater as it can get a bit breezy at night. There is also a little bar attached to the restaurant (same owners) ideal for a pre-dinner drink. Lovely place.

Reviewed May 18, 2012

Great location, just right on the " Baia del Silenzio " with a romantic view on the quiet beach. The owner, Giacomo, was gentle and very professional even when he suggested us which wine we were supposed to choose. We had a delicious seafood dinner paired with wonderful white wines from Liguria.
Prices are aligned with the top service and the high quality of the fish we ate.
If anyone will go to the Tigullio Riviera , this is the best place to enjoy a good meal.
Massimo

Reviewed March 4, 2012

This is a wonderful restaurant in Sestri. I have been to this town several times and always look forward to eating at Portobello. The menu changes seasonally, and has yet to disappoint me. The staff and owners are extremely friendly, and knowledgeable about their menu. Call ahead to reserve a table outside, or stop by for an afternoon aperitif on the beach to watch the sunset.