“Perfect from beginning to end”

Millcroft Inn & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Alton
Ontario
“Perfect from beginning to end”
Reviewed December 21, 2010

From the moment we arrived at the spa, to the moment we checked out the next morning.... our time at Millcroft was amazing.

We were there to celebrate a birthday and the experience could not have been better. The spa was awesome. We opted for the Ofuro Classic plus couple pacakge.....can't possibly say enough on how wonderful it was. It was romantic, relaxing and everything we hoped for. It was followed by an aromatherapy massage that left us floating.
Next we checked in to our croft queen with a hot tub. The heated floors were soooo nice and the fireplace and hot tub topped off the most incredible night.
The only one thing missing.....I had called in advance and asked if there were robes in the room for use with the hot tub and was assured that there was......there were no robes...but not a big dea. Other than that.... this was by far the best get-away ever and I would love to go back.

I have to admit I was a little worried when I read some of the reviews here. We we relieved to find none of the problems .......yes...the tv was a little small - but we could have cared less as we didn't even touch the tv. For a romantic night away....you can't go wrong.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
guelph
Reviewed December 15, 2010

We went for my girlfriends birthday in the winter. On paper the croft room I booked sounded amazing touting in room wood fire place, flat screen tv, outdoor patio hottub and heated floors (very nice after coming in from a winter dip in the hottub). While it did have all of those things which are very nice and comforting. Something about the decor of the room didn't seem really like what I expected for the money. The TV was pretty small and everything is pretty pricy. Room is entered from the exterior which made it seem almost 'motel' like. There was no bar fridge in the room (not a problem in the winter since you have a back patio). I didn' see a room service menu. I'm not sure they offer it. Overally though, it was very relaxing. The dinner cuisine and service was fantastic. We were seated in the perfect spot in the restaurant overlooking the waterfall. Don't pay extra for the continental buffet unless you absolutely must. You can get much more selection for less money elsewhere I imagine. Andrea said the spa was great too (I didn't go). All and all it does a great job as a quick 'getaway' from city pressures sort of destination. The most satisfying part was the uniqueness of the experience I think.

Oakville, Canada
Reviewed December 15, 2010

The Millcroft Spa and Inn, has for me become a second home in that I often have the great privilege of being able to stay over due to the fact that I work at the nearby Alton Mill. The Millcroft services offer me a wonderful range of healing treatments that can be enjoyed in their beautiful spa and the comfort of a cozy fireside after long winter trails through the beautiful countryside that surround the Mil itself. The staff are welcoming and friendly and know be my name and I feel so comfortable even if I am staying alone. The breakfasts are sumptuous and the fine dinning is an experience not to be missed. I simply love it there and would recommend it to anyone. I often take my family and we love to stay in the crofts which are rustic and cozy and perfect for us. The Millcroft is a treasure not to be missed.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed December 13, 2010

From the food to the accomodations, spa and grounds - The Millcoft Inn & Spa is the weekend getaway every couple needs to rejuvinate. We stayed this past weekend for our anniversary. We had an incredible meal at the restauant overlooking the enchanting waterfall and pond, the staff arranged to have flowers in the room once we came back from dinner and the price my husband paid was extremely reasonable for a personal flower delivery to your room. It had all the extravagant ammenities any traveler needs in a cottage like setting that makes you feel a million miles away - when in actuality you are only 45 minutes from downtown Toronto. The spa the next day was simple, clean, and the service was amazing. I give Millcroft an 8.5 out of 10 and would send anyone there for the weekend...its absolutely beautiful!

Toronto
Reviewed December 4, 2010

We took a Croft room and were horrified. The room was tiny, dirty and dingy. There was a cigarette burn in the couch. The television was the smallest we have ever seen in a hotel. The bed was located on the second floor with barely enough room to walk around and the only bathroom was located on the main floor. We would not even sit on any of the furniture because it looked so grubby. As for the "private" hot tub there was just a wall separating each unit but if there was someone walking around on the grounds you were complete exposed. We complained and were given a nicer room inside the main Mill which actually cost a bit less so that was ok. Again, the wall mounted television was so small it was hard to see from the bed.
When we got back from our outing the first day the room was still not made up and it was almost 2 in the afternoon. We had to complain again and they did have it made up within an hour and by then it was almost 3 o'clock. The maid left her cleaning supplies in the bathroom and failed to empty the garbage.
We also had major attitude from the hostess when we asked to sit in a certain area for coffee. The restaurant was completely empty and she insisted we had to sit in an area we didn't want to be. She was so rude we just walked out!
Also, don't rely on the computer in the main lobby for internet access unless you are planning on staying a full week so it has time to download even the most basic website. The keyboard was very old and some of the numbers and letters had been rubbed off the keys.
We travel many places around Ontario and the United States. We would never go back and would never recommend this place at any price.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Laraland56
MillcroftInn, General Manager at Millcroft Inn & Spa, responded to this review, December 13, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at the Millcroft Inn & Spa. I'm terribly sorry to read about your experience and please know that we take all reviews seriously and have looked into your concerns.

I would like to discuss your experience further with you. Please contact me by calling the Inn directly or by emailing me at s.yates@vintage-hotels.com.

Again, please accept my apologies on behalf of the team and I look forward to hearing from you.
Whitby, Canada
Reviewed November 30, 2010

I surprised my girlfriend with a much needed weekend at the spa. I chose the Millcroft Inn after many hours of online research. We started the afternoon with a couples massage. Then followed a facial and we ended with pedicures. The barley and malt pedicure was great because it came with a beer! The spa services were all excellent and the service was great. They were even able to check us into our room right from the spa. I had reserved a croft with a hot tub. The room was clean and comfortable. It had a fireplace, heated ceramic floors and a heated towel rack. The bed was comfortable and located upstairs in the loft. The room could described as rustic. We spent considerable time in the room as the purpose of the weekend was to relax. The only complaint I have about the room was the TV. We wanted to watch a movie and I wasn't able to hook my laptop to the TV because it was an older model with no HDMI connections. However, TV notwithstanding, the overall opinion of the room was quite high. My girlfriend loved the heated ceramic floors. The restaurant was a short three minute walk. Dinner was excellent. The quality of the food was in line with the prices. The waiter was very knowledgable and service was excellent. Brunch the next morning was a little fancy but also quite good. Overall the trip was really good. I would recommend the Millcroft to my friends. It seemed a little pricey but in all fairness I have no other experience with going to a spa. After checking online, the prices seemed in line with other venues out there. I was pleased overall with the trip and my girlfriend was very happy and surprised!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
I'm so glad to hear that your weekend with us was a wonderful experience, and thank you for your review of The Millcroft Inn & Spa. We are so happy to hear that the surprise for your girlfriend went over well - and we hope to see you again soon.
Yours in hospitality,
Reviewed November 30, 2010

The couch in our room was disgusting and smelly, we had to ask for blankets to cover it so we could sit. The tv was very small, we would have been better off with a laptop. The bed in the croft room squeaked and was terribly uncomfortable. Our room
was not made up and our dinner in the restaurant was very disappointing. People were great and service was ecellent. Spa was the one of the worst that I have visited; too loud, massages were ok but not worth the money.

• Stayed November 2010
1 Thank Ali_E_W
Thank you for your review of The Millcroft Inn and Spa. We take all reviews very seriously and will be looking into your issues with the Croft Unit as well as the Spa. We pride ourselves in our wonderful staff and service, and I'm glad that those were excellent for you!
Steve Yates
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alton
Hockley Valley Resort
Hampton Inn by Hilton Brampton Toronto
Forks of the Credit Inn
Forks of the Credit Inn
#1 of 6 in Caledon

Been to Millcroft Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!