“Must be living on past glory. Definitely not worth your money.”

Millcroft Inn & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Alton
Toronto
“Must be living on past glory. Definitely not worth your money.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2010

Where to begin? The maxipad left in the upstairs garbage? The cigarette butts in the outside sitting area? How about the window air conditioner that rattled the entire bedroom, so that we had to turn it off in order to sleep, and then turn it on at 2:30 in the morning (but only for 10 minutes because we could not stand the noise) because the room was too hot? Wait a minute - there was also the mattress that sagged in the middle, and the heated towel holder that did not work. Calling this place one of "Ontario's Finest Inns" is such a joke.
My complaints led to a $50 gift certificate. Wow! After spending two nights at a cost of $220/night (stayed in the Crofts), that really counts for a lot.
What do they care? After all, they were booked up on Saturday, so there are lots of people with the mistaken impression that this would be a good place to stay.
Stay Away. A huge waste of money.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
5 Thank JBronx
MillcroftInn, General Manager at Millcroft Inn & Spa, responded to this review, August 31, 2010
Dear JBronx, Thank you for taking the time to share some feedback on your stay at the Millcroft Inn & Spa, a proud member of Vintage Hotels. I am very sorry to read about your observations in your guest room. We take all of our guests’ feedback seriously and will address these shortcomings. I understand you also enjoyed your dining experience and indeed, you are correct, the Inn was lively with guests enjoying the spa, dining room, a wedding, and overall spectacular surroundings.

The members of our team are focused on providing exceptional experiences for our guests. It is apparent that we fell short on this commitment with your stay, and for that I am profoundly apologetic. I do hope that you will join us again at the Millcroft Inn and Spa. Sincerely, Steve Yates, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
Mississauga, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2010

We just came back the Millcroft Inn, The rooms to me were not very Romantic, was wanting some alone time with the hubby. I was very disappointed at the quality of the Rooms,compared to other Vintages Inn. The comforter had Stains on it which is a big turn off, the rooms have a old musty smell to them. It was not a place I was wanted to hurry up and take my clothes off and relax in bed. I would not reccomend this place for younger couples at all, I would have much rather the hotel or Inns along Niagara on the lake.
I have to say the food was amazingand the service as well. I would go for a very good meal in there Restaurant, and the staff is very attentive. The Spa looks nice and seems clean. I have also been to the Old MIll in Toronto and there is absolutely no comparasion to the rooms, The room at the Old Mill are superior and I go ther almost once a year.
Sorry Millcroft, until you upgrade the rooms I will not plan on speding any night s there :(

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank soddi
Dear soddi, Thank you for sharing your experience at Millcroft Inn & Spa. We take your comments and recommendations seriously and value the feedback. The concerns regarding your room have been addressed. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your dining experience. Certainly our food service and culinary team takes immense pride in providing memorable dining experiences for our guests. Hopefully in the near future, you will join us for another stay at Millcroft Inn & Spa. Sincerely, Steve Yates, General Manager
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2010

We received a rate with basic room, dinner, breakfast included approx. $375 . Here are pros/cons:

Pros:
1. Relaxing location
2. 1 hour from Toronto
3. Bikes, spa, pool, workout room onsite
4. I think they had WIFI but we did not use it
5. Seemed very clean
6. Really good granola bars in spa (I don't normally list snacks but hey they were great. should sell onsite)

Cons:
1. Spa treatment average at best on the day we went
2. Check in not great (no smiles, no orientation to property, did not feel welcome,etc)
3. Check out computers not working
4. Dinner - waited 20 min to get a water and cocktail. Food was soaking in oil and lacking taste. Dessert looked plastic (do not order the baked apple ... like baby food)
5. Walls as thin as paper- seriously, we could hear everything in the next room.
6. They need to upgrade the bed sheets they are using. Not soft! Room was dry, hard to sleep.

Spent $600 in 24 hours. Not enjoyable and service can be improved, both at front desk and restaurant. It is too bad, as this place really has potential!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JillJ77
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2010

Second stay. Remain unimpressed.
- requested a quiet Croft Cottage. Was given the one in front of the machinery room...
- cottage was stuffy and had not been aired.
- cobwebs and pine needles all over the outside sitting area
- no slippers, no robe
- no orientation when you check in (did not know there were tennis courts, was not offered a map of the grounds until I asked)
- wi fi signal too weak to be used
- was told at time of booking that "as long as I sit down at 10:30am it's fine". That's what I did but the buffet was being taken down. My boyfriend had grabbed a plate for me thankfully. At 11:00 we were told to move away to the lounge as "the tables had to be readied for lunch" and junior staff started vacuuming around us.
- lawn work (big John Deere, smaller gas powered mower) was being done on the Sunday of the first long week end of the season... Could it not have been done er, before guests arrive. We don't pay $300 for a pimped up motel room and poor service to be Lulled all day bu the sound of a John Deere. REALLY. Surprisingly what we want is silence and the chirping of the birds. I know...weird...
We opted for the Millcroft because it's close. Will not go back: too expensive for quality of food and service.
Ste Anne it will be next time...

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Salelle
Burlington, On
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2010

Stayed at the Millcroft Inn for a weekend getaway. We really enjoyed our stay. The service at the spa was great and dinner at the restuarant was fantastic.

Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NKLounger
Toronto, Ontario
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2009

It is a lovely Inn, especially the dining area and surrounding trails. The food was decent and the customer service was good as well. My only issues, was the quality of the rooms seemed low. They seemed a worn and overdone as well.

I would go back, but only under a special deal as for the quality of room it doesn't seem worth it.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank jewel_leaf
Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2009

One trip to the Millcroft Inn & Spa, and all your senses suddenly leave the world behind. As a business profession and writer, I can not think of a better place anywhere to create and innovate in a perfect environment of relaxation and privacy. An absolutely amazing property and now part of the classic Vintage Hotel group!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank BusinessCoach
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alton
Hockley Valley Resort
BEST WESTERN PLUS Orangeville Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Bolton
The Village Inn Elora
Forks of the Credit Inn
Forks of the Credit Inn
#1 of 6 in Caledon
Stone Edge Estate Bed & Breakfast

Been to Millcroft Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!