“Food was excellent; service was a bit ok” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rays 3rd Generation Bistro Bakery

Rays 3rd Generation Bistro Bakery
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Alton
Cuisines: American, Canadian, International
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Kitchener, Canada
“Food was excellent; service was a bit ok”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

My husband and I shared the venison tart for appetizer. It was delicious. I had the chicken supreme stuffed with artichoke and my husband had the roast pork. I was pleasantly stuffed by this wonderful food. I especially love the colourful vegetables included in the dishes, and they were cooked very well. I love the way they presented the menu (aka chalk board). Our server was ok - she didn't seem to be very enthusiastic about serving us. The whole meal was good, but would have been excellent if the service was better. The live music added some fun to our evening. Reservation is recommended.

• 3 of 5 bubbles

Toronto, Canada
“Super lunch, fun place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

The food was tasty and the menu fun and creative. I'd come back here for lunch or a casual dinner. We ate ahead of going for a long walk - the service was welcoming and friendly, the touch of the owner obvious in everything. Obviously a favourite spot for locals, too - which is always a good sign!

Visited January 2013
Bolton, Canada
“Birthday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

Six of us came in for dinner last Saturday night. Two Birthdays to celebrate. I have to say my friends were very impressed at my choosing this place. I have been here before and thought i would share. A guitar player singing in the background was nice. I had the Bison steak and it was great. Friends had pasta and Beef Tenderloin and said it was the best pasta ever. We had great desserts and to our surprise our server came over with two lit up with candles and started singing Happy Birthday. That was great of her, great service and funny too. All around we had a great time, thanks to the Chefs and staff and I think my friends will be back. I recommend this place highly .

Caledon, Canada
“lunch with the girls saturday feb, 2”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

Yummy, we were all raving about the food. no disappointment at all. The salads were super fresh and delicious. soup of the day was awesome. pate awesome. too bad we didn't have room for dessert

Thornhill, Canada
“Amazing food and great music !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

Stopped here for lunch on the way to the Millcroft Inn. Lunch was amazing...and the guy with the guitar was a nice addition. EAT HERE ! If only the food was half as good at the Millcroft as it was here :)

• Visited January 2013