“Beach escape”

Ranked #3 of 63 Hotels in Senigallia
Charleston, South Carolina
“Beach escape”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

We were staying in a small hill town in Umbria called Todi and had been there for almost a month we when we decided that we couldn't stand the heat any longer. We came across one of Francis Mayes books and we saw that she had recommended a hotel in Senigallia. We were anxious to come on trip advisor and see if we were interested in the location and the hotel. When we found out what a nice place the Hotel Terrazza Marconi was we decided to go for a night. We were counting the days until we could escape to the beach. When we got there we felt as if we had gone to a completely different place. It was so gorgeous and had a fun active atmosphere. We checked into the hotel and immediately my teenage daughter and I looked at each other and said can we stay for another night? We went to the room which was nice with a balcony that looked out to the beautiful Adriatic sea. We arrived in the afternoon so right when we got into our bathing suits we fled to the beach. Since we had not had lunch yet we went to the beach restaurant were we had the cutest nicest waiter Mossimo. We had amazing steak and a lobster avocado salad that was to die for. When we found out that we could stay for another night we were ecstatic. We were at the beach, the beach restaurant and the amazing pool everyday. They also have an amazing spa but we were too busy to squeeze it in. We had the best check in/ front desk manager that you could ever ask for. We had an amazing room service experience eating on our balcony. Also an amazing free breakfast spread each morning! Overall a fantastic experience.

Room Tip: If you want a balcony you have to get a Prestige room or higher.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Jschmidlapp5

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Oakham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012

I was in northern Le Marche on a motorcycle trip and decided to eat at a restaurant, Uliassi in Senigallia (amazing, amazing experience......). We decided to stay the night so went hunting for a hotel. Well, what a lovely surprise......... this is a wonderful boutique hotel with high quality service and rooms, on the beach front and a magnificent roof terrace where breakfast is served each morning.... views over the beach and sea while tucking into the best hotel breakfast I have ever had in Italy. We manged to take the last two rooms which were smaller classic rooms at the back of the hotel. They were very comfortable, quiet and good value. I did see the ocean front rooms and will definately try to book one of these next time, which will be in June.
I have never been to Senigallia before and now think it is probably my favourite Italian seaside town, seriously worth a visit if you're looking for a weekend away, relaxing by the sea, in an historic town with amazing food and wine, the fact the hotel has a spa will also help!!

Room Tip: Get a sea front room if possible.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Michael H
New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2011

We stayed four two nights in SEP, booked a room with balcony, overlooking the Adriatic Sea. The front desk is very efficient. The rooftop brekfast is splendid. Room was immaculate. We had been staying in older villas, etc, on our trip. Checking in here at the end of our trip was such a wonderful break. Had dinner one night in it's bistro on the beach. It was okay. Very Pricey but worth it!!!

Room Tip: We booked a room with balcony facing the Adriatic..were very happy we had spent the extra to do so.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Galati, Romania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2011

i've been there for 3 days, in september 2011 . everithing was ok . food acomodation , personal . the rooms are a bit small but verry clean and confortable

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2011

I just came back from my recent vacation in Italy where I went to visit my brother in Senigallia. I must say that the Terrazza Marconi Hotel was one of the best hotel experiences I have ever had in my life. The service was fast, competent, and very cordial. We were able to experience everything the hotel had to offer, the restaurant was absolutely incerdible!!! The SPA downstairs was so relaxing that I think I came out of it ten years younger, and definitely a lot more rested. The rooftop terrace offered beautiful views of the coastline all the way to Ancona. The hotel's beach service was very luxurious and they even had a babysitter to look after the kids while my husband and I relaxed under the sun!!!!!!! Honestly this trip to Senigallia will never be forgotten!! Senigallia is beautiful and the Terrazza Marconi even more!! Ciao Jessica from Boston, USA.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Barrington, Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2010

I went to Italy to see a freind. I have never been to Italy and it was my first trip without my family. I don't speak any Italian but the staff seemed to understand my needs and wants. I had a room with a balcony and listened to the sea every night. The room was imaculate..( and I am a clean freak...) The spa was great however I would suggest knowing a little Italian before you receive your services. :-) I loved it..!!! ps..knowing Italian would help ordering food as well...

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Paris, France
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2009

Small rooms, cleanliness to be improved, parking far away from the hotel (300-400 meters), private beach crowdy and whose cleanliness to be improved (rude service at the private beach).
Noise of the street until 2:00 am.
Poor breakfast (not really what could be called a buffet)
So it is a bad value for the price (256 euros)

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple