“Chapeau! Or better, two chapeaux!”

Madonnina del Pescatore
Reserve with
Madonnina del Pescatore is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 287 Restaurants in Senigallia
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Thanks to two 2-star restaurants, “La Madonnina del Pescatore” and “Uliassi” the Senigallia’s per capita of Michelin stars is probably among the highest worldwide. I was blessed by having a meal from both in the same day, thereby accruing in a single day a capital of epicurean pleasures to keep me going for the next six months… ;).

In “La Madonnina…” I went for the 11 courses tasting menu. Now, the first thing to be underlined before I can even dare to make comments is that all what you will get at your table is mind-boggling, refined, patently researched for long time before serving and complex, delicate and suggestive at the same time.
I have travelled a few “grand restaurants” and while I don’t take pictures of the food, I have the habit of writing comments on either my smart-phone or the menu just besides the dishes. For La Madonnina I have comments like “mind-boggling”, “spectacular”, “very intense”, “wonderful”, “perfect”, “balanced and deep” on 8 of them. On one I have “just one note too sweet in the sauce” (the cassoeula of fish with beans and sausage – yes, sounds weird but you definitely want to try it) and one “not really remarkable”. This is outstanding eating! The Chef is a celebrity in Italy, he is extremely nice and caring, and often serves himself the tables and explains what you are going to have.

I asked the Sommelier to match the food with wine according to his taste and must say I definitely made the right choice. I am a sommelier myself (but not as good as a sommelier in such a restaurant of course) and found the matches very good in some 90% of the cases, and for an extremely reasonable price.

The décor could use a refurbishing, but this was one outstanding experience indeed.

6  Thank apalmero

Reviewed September 1, 2012

First time at La Madonnina del Pescatore with super-high expectations after reading all the excellent reviews. What an experience! Moreno and Mariella have created a wonderful restaurant that scores top marks on all fronts. My wife and I are used to eating out in London in some of the best restaurants and Moreno's cooking is outstanding. He's a master at taking the wonderful fish of the Adriatic sea and turn it into masterpieces on the plate. We were particularly impressed with the uncompromising quality achieved no doubt through endless hours of experiments lead by true passion, serious commitment and a desire to offer an irrepetible experience to food lovers. But what makes Moreno unique and unmatchable is his instinct in creating the right balance between textures and flavours, expectation and surprise. Impeccable service, friendly and never intrusive and an excellent wine list full of local treasures presented by a very knowledgeable sommelier made our experience at La Madonnina a very special one. A suggestion: let yourself go and be adventurous with the menu you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

While we were driving from Munich to Amalfi cost, we consciously made a detour just to visit Madonnina del Pescatore. The excellent food and price / quality ratio exceeded our expectations. The detour was more than worth. Service was also excellent, however I must add the choice of wine from the region and the way how we were spoiled was unique.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

We had lunch here on a Saturday - there were around six other tables occupied, mostly by Italians, in this smallish, elegant restaurant facing the sea.

We had the tasting menu - 11 courses and an aperitif for Euro 130, largely seafood as you would expect. I have an allergy to bi-valves and four of the courses were substituted with other seafood dishes, as good as the ones on the actual menu (according to my husband who got to try all of them, lucky guy). Highlights for me were the wonderfully fresh amberjack antipasto and a clever, playful squid dish (one of the substitutes on my menu). The volcano chocolates were an interesting touch also. The wine list is reasonably-priced.

Service was friendly and unstuffy for a starred restaurant - we're eating by the beach after all. We were dressed casually in T-shirts and sandals and brought luggage but it was fine. The kind wait staff helped us get to our next destination by looking up train times, personally driving us to the train station and then arranging/booking a driver to meet us in Ancona to take us to our final destination 20km south. All very efficiently handled with minimum fuss.

A wonderful meal with memorable dishes. Highly recommended.

1  Thank BooksHampshire_UK
Reviewed April 13, 2012

We arrived on a cold, wet Easter Sunday for lunch. From the outside the restaurant looks pretty uninspiring, but the welcome was warm and the interior very pleasant. The four of us each ordered two courses from the eclectic menu. We were, over the next five hours, presented with at least 6 courses of the most surprising tasting dishes I have eaten, anchovy ice cream anyone? I must admit that as someone who is not particularly keen on seafood I came to the restaurant under duress having been pressured into attending by my wife and friends, I'm very glad I did go too. Great food, service and company meant we were shocked to realise time had passed so quickly. Other shocks were that Moreno Cedroni, the 2 Michelin stars chef, was actually in the kitchen and came out to see us off. The final shock being the bill - we had brilliant food, with champagne, wine, desert wine, coffees for just over 100 euro per person. If you get the chance - go..