“very slow”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Good location for making a ski tour around Selva and a nice looking mountain restaurant. The restaurant does not have a children menu, which makes it on average more expensive for families with children. We ordered some wiener schnitzels and some pasta’s. It took the cook more than 30 minutes to prepare. The schnitzels were very large, unfortunately the cook used too much salt, which made the schnitzels uneatable and also the French fries were very salty as well. The service was very friendly, but next skiing this Piste, we will bypass this restaurant

Reviewed March 2, 2013

A good last place to stop on your way home. Cosy little hut - its not a wild apres ski place but a civilised place to enjoy a drink at the end of the day.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

I didn’t submit a review last year, as I couldn’t remember the name of this place. This year, I was determined to submit a review as Pra Valentini is an excellent establishment.

It’s an easy place to get to, with or without skis. To get there on foot, you can take a short stroll out of Selva, along the path by the river, turning up a road behind the large building on the right, bearing the name “Pensione Valentini” in large letters across its frontage. Discovering it on skis is also easy, with it being on the “Sella Ronda” orange circuit, (clockwise), route back into Selva, just before the village itself.

Once inside, the ambience and service are first class. The hut itself is very Tyrolean in character and looks quite new. The manageress (owner?) is from Mayrhofen, so the place has a strong Austrian vibe. The drinks are excellent, as is the competitively priced wine list. My wife and I drank in there almost every day, and ate on two occasions. I had a delicious Wiener Schnitzel, with superb chips. Fries are so simple to make but so difficult to get right - mine were piping hot, super crisp and perfectly seasoned. On my second visit I had a rich beef stew that came with some delicious polenta and a bowl of crisp, shredded cabbage salad with crispy bacon. Totally scrumptious. My wife had some fried potatoes, with eggs and ham, which was also amazing.

Most of the places in Selva are good but in my opinion, Pra Valentini is a cut above the rest.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

The service was very friendly and it is a nice place. You only have to cross the camping grounds to get there which in the dark is not so nice. Their wines are nice. We were there at new years evening but unfortunately th new years menu was disappointing so we did not go back to try the food on a normal week day.

Reviewed February 4, 2012

When we arrived, we were the only guests 19:00 (7pm), but as we were finishing our dinners - all the Italians arrived & instantly the place was packed. They have something for everyone, my husband had a Irish steak (the best he's ever had, he said), Käse Spatzel was my choice, and our friends enjoyed their pasta dishes. They offer fondue as it was set-up at our neighboring table and that too looked awesome. We discovered this restaurant late during our stay or we would have gone back again.