“Average but surprising mediterranean restaurant in the mountains”

Ristorante Bellavista
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Cesano Maderno, Italy
“Average but surprising mediterranean restaurant in the mountains”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We ate here not because the menu was the one we were looking for, as we normally like to taste local food rather than other specialities, but it was very late and other restaurants were full because of the Sellaronda Hero race of the following day or closing, so we decided to give it a chance.
We were not deceived but also not surprised by price or quality; the only surprise was to find so little typical southtirolean dishes in the menu! The menu has a normal italian offer. We ate maccheroni with a housemade sauce and tagliatelle with mushrooms, good but nothing unbelievable. Then meat with mushrooms and grilled sea-bream, once again good but average. My wife ate then as a dessert a vanilla ice cream with hot raspberry sauce, good but a little expensive. In the end, with water and a radler beer, we spent 64 euros, not expensive but not cheap, as you can easily spend quite less in the alps.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Ceszij

• Polish first
London, United Kingdom
“In my country pork is beef”
Reviewed January 29, 2012

I visited the Bella Vista on a recommendation from our Ski Rep with a group of 25 friends on the 18th of Jan 2012 in the evening, the best of the waiters was unable to speak English but had a colleague who said that he was able ( speaking not understanding).
It turned out to start with that out of the extensive wine list my choice was not in stock so was replaced with a more expensive one, on my table of 8 four of them wanted the Meat Platter although when the waiter read it back it had turned into the Fish Platter after correction what actually turned up was the Country Platter which consisted of lots of different pieces of Pork + Cheese & Polenta 1 of the four who ordered the dish cannot eat cheese, Apparently they will not serve Tap Water although they do add a cover charge. For myself my food came up as expected although the Pasta was so salty that it took 4 pints of Beer ( Bought in the Pub opposite) to quench my thirst.
The piece d resistance was reserved for those who ordered Beef Steak & received Pork Steak, upon challenging the waiter he uttered the immortal phrase "In my country Pork is Beef" now he may well of meant it but as the Menu was also in English it really was not a defence. One of our party spoke to the manager who defended the staff member in question saying " He is the best waiter I have had" if this was true you could only feel very sorry for the man. The cost of the platter & Steak was rescinded after an attempt to bring out a Steak that was barely dead & consequently cold throughout.
I have rarely been so grateful to leave an eating establishment & do not envisage ever once returning.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank christophe019
Marsascala, Malta
“Very good value for money, big plates full of italian yummy!”
Reviewed October 23, 2011

We ate pasta and pizza here, but everything was very good and it was well worth the price

Visited October 2011