Hotel Laurin Small&Charming
Hotel Acadia(Selva di Val Gardena)
$130
Boutique & Fashion Hotel Maciaconi(Selva di Val Gardena)
$167
Hotels.com
Hotel Tyrol(Selva di Val Gardena)
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
Hotel Armin(Selva di Val Gardena)
  • Breakfast included
Boutique Hotel Nives(Selva di Val Gardena)
TripAdvisor
Hotel Linder(Selva di Val Gardena)
TripAdvisor
Hotel Antares(Selva di Val Gardena)
TripAdvisor
Hotel Cir(Selva di Val Gardena)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsgregor and astridcharming familyswimming poolgarden roomhuge varietyrooms are modernwellness centrefeel so welcomejunior suiteexcellent hostsevery afternoonspa areabreakfast and dinnersuperb fooda family run hotelsteam roomthe location is perfect
Reviewed September 5, 2010

Overall extremely happy here. Very clean, fantastic wellness, very very good breakfast, nice bar area. The price for my huge room was very good. Very much recommended.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank Thurston_Moore
Reviewed August 23, 2010

Overall an overwhelmingly positive experience.

Pros:
• Small = friendly and charming
• Both owners and staff very attentive and caring.
• Care about details like flower decorations, preparing the rooms for the night and changing parts of the breakfast each day.
• Great location, within 100-200 yards of both bus, cabin lift and tourist information center.
• Fantastic views of the mountains, at least from our room as well as from our friends room.
• Ambitious spa, if you care about that.

Cons (minor - we were able to live with them):
• Like others have commented on: A peculiar procedure of asking for payment in cash.
• They charge for the wireless Internet (a symbolic fee, but anyway) - still lousy or no coverage in the rooms. Coverage in the lobby fast and reliable, though.
• No English channels on the TV. (Found one great radio channel with classical music, though.)

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank peobjorn
Reviewed August 19, 2010

A small hotel with good location in Val Gardena (near a bus station and cabin lifts). Quite and clean rooms and a very friendly staff. We enjoyed the breakfasts in the morning and the hotel bar in the evenings. Hotel Laurin has a relaxing area with a swimming pool and a big jacuzzi and different types of saunas.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2010

I would highly recommend Hotel Laurin. Astrid and the entire staff went out of their way to be friendly and helpful...to the point that we thought there was a case of mistaken identity, and they thought we were VIP. Their dinner and activity recommendations were wonderful, as were the actual accommodations. We stayed in garden room #2, which I think is brand new (as is #1). It has a modern design, with a glassed-in bathroom that looks into the bedroom. The room also has a small sun room that opens into the backyard, where there are lounge chairs and a trampoline.

There is a bar in the hotel, which was a nice place to cap off the night. There's no pressure to hang out there, though, and the owner even opened a few bottles of wine for us to drink in our sun room.

We were unfortunately only in the Dolomites for two days, so we only did one day of hiking and did not use the lifts in Selva. Instead, we took the bus to Ortisei (right outside the hotel) and took the Alpe di Siusi lift up to an absolutely beautiful alpine meadow and view of the Dolomites.

We were sad to leave Hotel Laurin at the end of our stay, but were happy to leave with a complimentary jar of local jam.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2010

This hotel is in a good location at the top of town. I had room 42 which has a balcony overlooking the front of the hotel and it was spacious and spotlessly clean.

The hotel appears to cater primarily to German and Italian guests as evidenced by the lack of a welcome leaflet in English and no TV channels in English either. As such, I cannot recommend this hotel to English-speaking guests.

Breakfast is of good quality with a wide variety of cereals, breads, jams, teas, meat and cheese. Seven of my friends were staying at the Hotel Oswald and were offered scrambled egg - something not offered by Hotel Laurin. As a result, I had the same breakfast each day which was a bit boring.

The hotel is family run and has a very personal style. You can tell that the hosts try hard to make their guests feel welcome and it's not possible to go across reception without a cheery "Hello Mr X" being shouted from the office. They rang Tourist information on my behalf to check on buses home, which was a nice touch.

There is a wellness centre under the hotel which looked spotless and very new. I didn't try it but I think it is a great addition to the hotel.

Room cleaning on floor 2 started at 9am every day without fail. If I chose to sleep in, this meant a knock on the door at 9am; if I decided to breakfast earlier, I would find the cleaners in my room when I got back from breakfast. A later start time to the cleaning would have been appreciated.

Something really annoyed me about this hotel which is why I have given a lower rating than I would otherwise have done. They insisted that I paid the balance IN CASH on departure. This meant that I had to draw cash out each day to ensure I had enough as the cash machines only allow a withdrawal of 250 euros per day. At the end of the stay, I was provided with a handwritten scribble as a bill in return for my cash. This was wholly unprofessional and not what I would have expected from a professionally run 4 star hotel. I thought this was a disgrace. Maybe there is not a requirement to provide guests with a proper bill on departure in Italy? I expect one and would have demanded one had I not been in a hurry to catch my bus home.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
10  Thank nickswlon
Hotel_Laurin, Proprietario at Hotel Laurin Small&Charming, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2010

Dear Sir, we are sorry about this inconvenience of the payment in cash. We just asked a favor, so we didn't have to pay the credit cards commission and invest this benefit in the infrastructure of our nice hotel.
We apologize for the hand written bill we have always done, because we find it more personal for our small and charming hotel.
Fam. Giorgi Gregor