See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed January 4, 2017 via mobile

We have been in this hotel for the New Years Eve of 2016/2017. We are a family of three with a small baby of 7 months.

Let me start with the positive things:

1- hotel location is wonderful;

2- the Sauna in the woods are wonderful as the indoor and outdoor swimming pool (even though we did not try the outdoor one....:));

3- we did not try the massages but the place where they are doing it is wonderful as well;

Now let's go to the other points..., not so positive:

1- while the employed staff where very nice with us, the wife of the owner not at all. She make us feeling as we were disturbing with our small baby even though they basically close us away from others..., that's was really not nice and we had this only with her, not with the staff;

2- the services are very poor...., not at all worth of a 4*S hotel..., nothing organize from them, everything in payment, breakfast very poor, buffet at the spa not existing..., only tea..., small snacks only served from 14.30 to 16.00 and no choice....;

3- the chef need to improve...they try to make international cuisine, in our point of view with few success...,and nothing local, no choice, no possibilities for a second round...;

4- hotel inside is a bit old but very well cleaned, so no particular issues with that;

All in all, wonderful location and SPA, but really low level services, food included and, as a difference from other experiences of us, owners they have a much worse attitude vs clients then their employees..., at least from what we could see as Italians but, as they said, they are sorry but we need to wait always as last...

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Fastrace
Reviewed April 25, 2016

Very nice location, especially the valley view rooms. Excellent cuisine. Malfunctions in the room were not fixed, restaurant staff not quite fluent in German, Internet access mostly unusable due to speed problems.

Room tip: Ask for valley view rooms
Date of stay: April 2016
1  Thank Flowwolf
Reviewed August 6, 2014

The outdoor wellness area is an oasis and the indoor spa is new and elegant. The pools are a bit old (especially the indoor pool), but it does not matter. There is lots of space around the outdoor pool. The rooms were good and clean. The food very nice. The staff was helpfull. The hotel is good quality, some of it a bit old, but it does not matter. We would love to come back! The Dorfstubm (Hotels own cafe) accross the road is very charming!

Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 26, 2011

This hotel is high up on the hills some 7 km from Merano but easily reachable by direct publis (and at times free) bus. The view is simply outstanding but so are the facilities with indoor and outdoor pool, saunas etc and good wellness center. Management is very friendly, food is good and it would be one of the best holidays we have had (it took place in April when the millions of apple trees are in full bloom)

Date of stay: April 2011
1  Thank SydneyPierrot
Reviewed December 30, 2008

I have stayed 4 days with my girlfriend in the end of december '08. We were looking for a hotel on the mountains with wellness spa, just to get away ftom the city life and have a little relaxing holiday,
The location is wonderful, very quiet, next to Merano,...
Hotel is nice in general...They are 4 stars, under my opinion is 3 superior, but everything clean, nice restaurant, excellent views,,,,

The disappointing part of our stay is the next:

1-I can not understand why they don't speak italian. I'm spanish and I live in Italy, Merano is in Italy, and people from Alto Adige/Sudtirol do not speak Italian even if they are italians!!Incredible... JUst the girl from the reception, the owner and 2 waiters spoke italian. Almost all the informations in the hotel are in deustch, I couldn't use the gym cause all the machines had the computer menu in deutsch!!
Their response to all this is that they receive lots of deutsch bookings, but sincerely, I don't care... IF THEY ARE IN ITALY, THE OFFICIAL LANGUAGE IS THE ITALIAN! ( and I tell you again, I am spanish, imagine what italian people feels about this)
2- The Spa area is quiet old. Is not bad, but everything is very used and sauna, turkish bath and swimming pools are not so good. My girlfriend booked some massages and she recognised that were really good. So the main problem is the equipment.
3- Try to avoid the periods like christmas...It is crowd of families. Too many children in the hotel = too much noise!
There is no control from the hotel staff to mantain the relax in the Spa area. In The swimming pool, jacuzzi, sauna, etc there is always some kid breaking the b_ lls of somebody,,,,

Anyway, the rest was quite good...
The room, friendly staff, food, etc,,,But I would not suggest this hotel to my friends for the last reasons.

Date of stay: December 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank pradomalo