“Evening meals”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 4, 2019 via mobile

Small, intimate, family run bistro which often had a queue outside for tables so arrive early or book. Helpful staff with some English, delicious, authentic Italian dishes and homemade desserts, great value carafe wine too, really super.!

Date of visit: August 2019
Write a reviewReviews (597)

Reviewed January 20, 2018 via mobile

My partner and I read positive reviews on TripAdvisor about this restaurant and decided we would visit during a short break to Scanno.

We stayed at Il Palazzo B&B which is only a short walk from La Porta along the same street. We passed La Porta whilst making our way tit he B&B and spotted'Mamma' through the kitchen window, already preparing for the evening's service.

Contacting the restaurant was a little tricky by telephone so my partner decided to walk there instead to book a table. We were pleased we did since the restaurants that was very busy when we arrived later that evening, which was reassuring.

We were not disappointed. The menu provides just enough choice and boasts locally, sourced ingredients for local dishes. The homemade, egg, pasta with tags to start was light and very tasty. As was the gnocchi. Equally the mains were lovely, but a little too much cheese for me with the pork I ordered.

For me the most memorable part of our visit was the atmosphere. We sat next to a group of young people who were clearly regular guests since they had a wonderful relationship with our hosts who I believe to be the daughters of 'mamma' cook. It was a wonderful mix of young and old, local and not so local (in from Wales!) but it worked, I felt welcome and ate well. The restaurant is small, but I feel this adds to the homely atmosphere.

We will definitely visit again. Thank you Mamma and thank familglia for a fantastic experience.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed August 21, 2017 via mobile

Nice family runned small restaurant. Mama runs the kitchen and her daughters the guests. The antipasta of the house is excellent and the pastas of course self made and delicious. Good wine to.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed April 16, 2017 via mobile

We do not speak Italian and owner speak a bit of English but we manage to ordered Spinach with garlic, pasta bean soup, Gnocchi with broccoli and Calzone and every dish is very hearty as well as tasty. The two ladies most likely the owner are very delightful. We actually have to wait awhile to get serve as new customers kept coming in who obviously their friends or long time customers so they kept chatting away. However it was worth waiting.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed February 7, 2016 via mobile

Great location and very authentic style. Nothing fancy and the menu is simple with good choices and very fresh pasta. Delicious and hearty ragu and meats

Desserts were great. Lovely hosts.

Date of visit: February 2016