NH Savona Darsena
Priceline
$111
  • Breakfast included
1,273 results
All reviewscosta cruisecruise terminalfew stepsbusiness tripgood sizeexcellent locationmodern buildingport areashort walkpublic parkinglots of restaurantsperfect place to staynice placeone night staystayed nights at this hotelarriving by trainnice restaurants within walking distance
Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

Great location. In the vicinity to the old town Savona and close to great local restaurants. Friendly staff. Huge breakfast buffet. Nice size rooms. Quality & price is honest. Underground car park. Thank you for your service!

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We stayed one night in this hotel as we were cruising with Costa Cruises and the hotel is literally next door to the cruise terminal.

Having watched the prices of this hotel they always stay around 140 Euro and didn't move so I assumed the hotel would be full and worth the money.

The hotel is good and clean and relatively new but the rooms are a bit of a let down, they need refurbing already and look a bit tired in places.

There is a good breakfast in the morning and as stated we were able to walk out of hotel and into cruise terminal and if you are cruising with Costa its great, especially as we flew into Genoa and arranged a transfer for the 30min drive instead of flying to Milan and having a 2.5hr transfer after a 2hr wait.
(DRIVER SERVICE di Davide Gomba
Via Sant'Antonio 11/15 - 17100 - Savona
Tel.:(+39)3407333904)
www.businessdriverservice.it

I left my sunglasses and the Hotel kindly kept them for me so I was pleased with this

I would go again but only if this hotel came down to under 100 Euro, have had better Hampton by Hilton for £50

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank miwend
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I was surprised by the mixed reviews because I actually had a nice stay. I do agree with one of the reviews that the room was quite warm and I couldn't adjust the climate control (I visited in Feb) so that is why I gave an Average for Sleep Quality. Other than that, my bed and pillows were very comfortable, the room was spotless, spacious enough bathroom with great bath and shower. Decor was nice and inviting (overall, its a business class hotel ambiance). I did not smell any smoke in the halls or other common areas. Staff were friendly. Good breakfast with enough choice and fresh pastries; better than other breakfasts I have had in Italy - since continental breakfast is more of the norm here, don't expect a big English fry up or American buffet but the breakfast still offered enough selection to start off your day well.
Location was good - a few minutes taxi ride from the train sation. My room was quiet and overlooked the inner courtyard. Short, pleasant walk to the small marina where you can find some shoppes and restaurants. It seems they have just regenerated this area. Once at the marina, easily cross a small bridge over the marina and you are in the old town of Savona in a few minutes. So, overall, I enjoyed my visit and would stay at the NH again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 21, 2012

We arrived and the allocated room was like an oven with apparently no ability to cool it down, only heat it up more.
Change of room offered was a smoking room then a junior suite which turned out to be for disabled really.
We had no hot water for the whole of our 5 day stay with the shower temperature set to maximum the water was still only luke warm. There was a bath but no means to fill it apart from the slow trickle from the shower overhead!
If we sat up in bed it 'scooted' across the room so we had to continally get out to push it back.

Only one socket in the entire room so constantly pluging and unpluging. The kettle supplied was on a shelf but with no socket to plug into, so had to move over to the said socket???
Safe was not operating so not a lot of good.

I could go on but I think this is enough for you to gauge our trip. I have been to this hotel before but never to this standard. And, would it kill receptionists to smile occationally to guests?

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Creswick
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Firstly the pluses. Good location within five minutes of the centre of this pleasant Ligurian city, nicely furnished, clean with pleasant staff.
Secondly the minuses. For the price we paid in November with almost no-one else in the hotel we felt it was very poor value. The bar was closed, the restaurant was closed, allegedly for technical reasons but far more likely as an explanation was how quiet the hotel was. Breakfast was OK, not brilliant just OK, the cooked food in particular, such as it was, was very poor. The rooms though nicely furnished are very small again offering very poor value. Parking in the hotel car park was €15 overnight, the public car park only 15 yards away was €3 and just as safe. The wi-fi internet though free was poor, very low bandwidth. At the price I paid I would have expected high quality free internet.
We were not impressed by this hotel, the fact that it has a monopoly in Savona itself probably explains why it's so expensive and actually not particularly good.

Room Tip: Frankly none of the rooms have good views, given an alternative I would go elsewhere.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends