All reviews hotel room train station cereal naples pompeii
Reviewed September 2, 2017

I have been visiting Sant'Agnello for 19 years so I know the high standards of the hotels in this area very well. First of all I made this booking my mistake on booking.com, I selected the non refundable rate, it was a genuine mistake on my part as the information on Booking.com said I would pay when I departed from the hotel but the hotel took the payment in full as soon as the booking was made leaving my overdrawn, I still owed for one nights stay as there was not enough funds in my account. I telephoned booking.com who rang the Hotel and they refused to refund my money, I even telephoned the hotel to ask them explaining I had made a very genuine mistake but they refused to refund me. So instead of loosing nearly 950 euros I had to stay. So when I got to the hotel around 11.45pm I was met my the night receptionist, I did not receive a warm welcome from him, in fact he seemed disinterested and not customer focused. Then I got to my superior room which was 192 euros a night, this hotel is supposed to be a four star, the hotel room was so very small, nice decor and the bathroom and shower were very nice but when I opened the draws in the wardrobe to put my clothing away the draw was dirty and has pubic hair in it, it had not been cleaned. The terrace/balcony was really nice with chairs and sun loungers. My bed sheets where never changed once in the five nights I stayed, I would of liked to have got into a bed with clean sheets, especially when it is so hot. Breakfast was average, the scrambled egg was cold, the oder man who works in the area serving breakfast was very nice and friendly. Considering this is a four star hotel I really feel it does not deserve to be. None of the staff once asked me if everything was ok, if I was enjoying my stay. I feel staff can make a hotel, this hotel is a beautiful building in a fantastic location but there is no soul in the hotel, no warmth from staff. They are very happy to take your money but do not offer a good service in return.

Date of stay: August 2017
4  Thank Simone W
Reviewed June 9, 2017 via mobile

We stayed for 4 nights. The staff were extremely friendly and always really helpful. Our room was comfortable, quiet (and the wifi worked fine). The location is good, as we had a conference in Sant'Agnello. It is also a short walk to the sea baths (the hotel can provide a discount voucher). The walk to Sorrento town centre was fine, around 15-20 min. I was very pleased with our choice of this hotel.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank Chris L
hotel c, Direttore generale at Hotel Crawford, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2017

Dear Chris,
Many many thanks for your kind review, we are always very pleased to receive compliments from our guests.
We hope that we can visit us in the next future.
Regards

Reviewed October 22, 2016

We really got our exercise staying here as it was about 25 minutes from the center of the action in Sorrento. However, the breakfasts were quite good and the staff really helpful and friendly. You are about 1 block from stunning views of the sea. There are a few restaurants nearby as this hotel does not do meals other than breakfast. Rooms are small for 2 people and not a lot of space to spread out.

Room tip: Choose 2nd floor or higher or you may hear noise from the lobby
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank BenefacTours
Reviewed October 16, 2016

This hotel has recently have renovations completed. It's located on the junction of a very busy street which makes it noisy at night even with Windows and shutters closed.
Room basic, however clean and ample for short stays.
Breakfast was excellent with hot and cold options.
Roof top terrace needs more atmosphere as it only has tuck shop style window for drinks and food. Hot tub is barely warm but great views including mount versuvius.
Hotel has bus stop outside, but only 20 minute walk to centre.
Staff very friendly and accomadating, however a deposit is required for any extras needed.

Room tip: try to get room away from roads
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 6, 2016

We stayed there on honeymoon arriving the last day of August. The hotel is well situated close to the sea and only a short walk to some nice bars and restaurants.The breakfast was simple but the bread not so good. The staff in general were very friendly and helpful and the general ambience of the hotel was excellent, but on the down side the Wi-Fi was atrocious with nothing in the rooms at all and the shower was tiny. We are not large people but you couldn't even bend down to pick up the soap without banging your bum on the door or wall! The place would definitely benefit from having a proper bar as they have a very pleasant garden seating area but trying to get a drink was difficult at times. Would probably go back if we were able to select a larger room with a normal sized shower. More of a three star hotel than a four star.

Room tip: Don't get room 201
Date of stay: August 2016