I stayed here with my boyfriend from May 7-11. The location is alright, about a 15 minute walk from the San'Agnello train station, which is ok on a daily basis but long with luggage. It was also very long to Sorrento. It was advertised as a 15 minute walk, and it was in reality at least 25 minutes (I did the walk about 8 times so I know). The place itself is average, nothing super special. The rooms were nice enough, our bathroom was across the hall. But it was a private bathroom so we didn't care. The only thing is that the keys are really old so when you are going to the bathroom in the middle of the night, I felt I had to turn the key a million times which was very noisy for those trying to sleep around me. The breakfast was good. There was always some cereal, yogurt, toast, coffee cake, croissant and Nutella (or Nutkao is the Italian version). The only negative thing is that the hotel was lifeless. There was not many people to meet, and a very dull atmosphere. So if that's what you are looking for, then this is not the place for you. It actually seemed very lively one night to our surprise. We came in at about 10pm and heard music and saw dancing and clapping in the common area. But then an employee was quick to come outside as we were approaching telling us it was a private event and we had to use another door. We kind of wanted to be in on the action and thought it was weird they were turning their clients away. All in all, this is a good place if you are on a budget but I would spend 5-10$ more to be closer to Sorrento.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- WELCOME Purple is an Hotel situated in an old abbey of the Capuchin Monks dating back to the sixteenth century located in Sant'Agnello di Sorrento, overlooking the beautiful sea of the Bay of Naples. Purple is also a American Lounge Pub and our philosophy consists in the genuineness of traditional cuisine associated with the taste of local wine, beer or just a drink. 5 GOOD REASONS TO CHOOSE US: Best Price Guaranteed! A holiday in a welcoming and relaxing place at only 1 kilometre from Sorrento town centre! You can easily reach the nearby town of Pompeii, Herculaneum, Naples, Amalfi and Capri The parking and internet access are included in the price The nearest beach is at only few minutes walk.SERVICES Purple offers its guests numerous exclusive services to make their stay even more enjoyable: international buffet breakfast with a vast selection of sweets, jams, cheeses cold cuts and other snacks, outdoor parking, transfer to and from Naples airport, dinner service upon request, tour reservations for Herculaneum and Pompeii, the Amalfi Coast and wonderful spots on the Sorrento Peninsula, boat trips to Capri and Isola dei Galli. ROOMS The B&B Purple has very large bright rooms, furnished with taste and simplicity: dark wood furniture with clean lines, light upholstery, floors covered with antique terra cotta tiles. The rooms all have heating, air conditioning and television. Different types are available to meet all needs: singles, double, triples and quads, with internal or external private bath or shared bathroom. Most of the rooms have sea view, while some look onto the peaceful garden which surrounds the residence. SERVICES INCLUDED All rooms include: Free WiFi, Hair dryer and Breakfast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, HostelWorld, Booking.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your Purple reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Salvo Hotel Sant`Agnello
- Purple Italy/Province Of Naples