To be fair this 'hotel' is actually in quite a good location. About ten minutes walk from the train station of sant'agnello and 10/15 to the centre of sorrento, sant'agnello peaceful and out of the hustle and tourist bustle of the centre. The room was not bad, small, clean enough. The night before we were due to check out we arrived back from a long day walking in Capri to find a karaoke evening taking place in the dining hall/bar among the locals. We were not informed of this at any time, and it was LOUD. The building is an old nunnery, and soundproofing is nonexistent. The racket carried on until early morning whilst the children of the "singers" were left rampant in the hotel corridors. We were very happy initially with the price we were 'supposed' to pay the next morning when we left, until an extra 24 euro was added to the bill for a local community tourist tax. This had to be payed in cash. We immediately checked this on the internet and found that the sant'agnello and sorrento councils have recently introduced a tourist tax of 1-2 euro per night per person. The problem was that we were being charged more than double what we should have been. Once this was sorted out we were still refused a receipt . A pity really, we truly felt as though they had simply tried to take advantage of us after what had been (up until the last 24 hours) a pleasant stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- WELCOME Purple is an Hotel situated in an old abbey of the Capuchin Monks dating back to the sixteenth century located in Sant'Agnello di Sorrento, overlooking the beautiful sea of the Bay of Naples. Purple is also a American Lounge Pub and our philosophy consists in the genuineness of traditional cuisine associated with the taste of local wine, beer or just a drink. 5 GOOD REASONS TO CHOOSE US: Best Price Guaranteed! A holiday in a welcoming and relaxing place at only 1 kilometre from Sorrento town centre! You can easily reach the nearby town of Pompeii, Herculaneum, Naples, Amalfi and Capri The parking and internet access are included in the price The nearest beach is at only few minutes walk.SERVICES Purple offers its guests numerous exclusive services to make their stay even more enjoyable: international buffet breakfast with a vast selection of sweets, jams, cheeses cold cuts and other snacks, outdoor parking, transfer to and from Naples airport, dinner service upon request, tour reservations for Herculaneum and Pompeii, the Amalfi Coast and wonderful spots on the Sorrento Peninsula, boat trips to Capri and Isola dei Galli. ROOMS The B&B Purple has very large bright rooms, furnished with taste and simplicity: dark wood furniture with clean lines, light upholstery, floors covered with antique terra cotta tiles. The rooms all have heating, air conditioning and television. Different types are available to meet all needs: singles, double, triples and quads, with internal or external private bath or shared bathroom. Most of the rooms have sea view, while some look onto the peaceful garden which surrounds the residence. SERVICES INCLUDED All rooms include: Free WiFi, Hair dryer and Breakfast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Booking.com, HostelWorld, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your Purple reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Salvo Hotel Sant`Agnello
- Purple Italy/Province Of Naples