We booked this B&B based purely on the Trip Advisor reviews, without checking out the website. Please note: it is a BUDGET B&B. We thought we were booking a 3 star hotel. Either way, the poor hygiene & cleanliness certainly did not meet our expectations. The mould all around the shower cubicle was simply appalling. Stains on the bed linen. Threadbare grey towels that should have been white. Table clothes were stained leaving us to question whether they were changed in the dining room for the full week we stayed. The breakfast was very poor. We would have looked for alternative accommodation had we not paid £600 in full prior to our arrival, with a no refund policy following a last minute booking. Elina, on reception, was very helpful whenever we asked a question & the free wifi was great. The location is good if you want to walk into Sorrento - its about 20 - 25 mins. Would we stay there again? No.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- WELCOME Purple is an Hotel situated in an old abbey of the Capuchin Monks dating back to the sixteenth century located in Sant'Agnello di Sorrento, overlooking the beautiful sea of the Bay of Naples. Purple is also a American Lounge Pub and our philosophy consists in the genuineness of traditional cuisine associated with the taste of local wine, beer or just a drink. 5 GOOD REASONS TO CHOOSE US: Best Price Guaranteed! A holiday in a welcoming and relaxing place at only 1 kilometre from Sorrento town centre! You can easily reach the nearby town of Pompeii, Herculaneum, Naples, Amalfi and Capri The parking and internet access are included in the price The nearest beach is at only few minutes walk.SERVICES Purple offers its guests numerous exclusive services to make their stay even more enjoyable: international buffet breakfast with a vast selection of sweets, jams, cheeses cold cuts and other snacks, outdoor parking, transfer to and from Naples airport, dinner service upon request, tour reservations for Herculaneum and Pompeii, the Amalfi Coast and wonderful spots on the Sorrento Peninsula, boat trips to Capri and Isola dei Galli. ROOMS The B&B Purple has very large bright rooms, furnished with taste and simplicity: dark wood furniture with clean lines, light upholstery, floors covered with antique terra cotta tiles. The rooms all have heating, air conditioning and television. Different types are available to meet all needs: singles, double, triples and quads, with internal or external private bath or shared bathroom. Most of the rooms have sea view, while some look onto the peaceful garden which surrounds the residence. SERVICES INCLUDED All rooms include: Free WiFi, Hair dryer and Breakfast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, HostelWorld, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your Purple reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Salvo Hotel Sant`Agnello
- Purple Italy/Province Of Naples