“Absolutely amazing!!!”

Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Sant'Agnello
Cairns, Australia
“Absolutely amazing!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

From the moment I arrived here everything was amazing.

I was welcomed with a freshly squeezed glass of lemon juice and time to sit on the terrace and take in the beautiful view.

I was then shown to my room and was absolutely blown away it was exactly as it looked in the photos.

Reception and restaurant staff were most helpful especially Emmanuela. She gave good advice about day trips and general information.

Highly reccomend and I will visit again without hesitation.

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank MadonnaMaree

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

I spent five days at this lovely hotel with a group of seven friends. The day we arrived we were given the grand tour and I was spell bound by the view from the hotel windows. It was breathtaking. The Hotel overlooks the magnificent Bay Of Naples. The sunsets were spectacular.
The staff provided over the top service. They were ready to give assistance and advise at a moments notice. The rooms were spotless, nicely furnished and had lovely balconies. There were many terraces where we could lounge outdoors on comfortable couches and chairs. Breakfast was included and always delicious . I would go back to this hotel in a flash.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank perogiemonster
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

This was my second stay at Hotel Corallo and it was even better than I remembered before! Upon check in, we were assisted with our bags and offered a welcome drink (homemade lemonade from the hotel's lemon trees) on the beautiful terrace overlooking the bay of Naples. The hotel staff was fabulous in assisting us with booking tickets for Capri, Pompeii, and a trip up to Vesuvius. The room was beautifully decorated with coral accents and had a fabulous balcony overlooking the sea. The hotel is just a 10 minute walk from the Circumvesuviana train station and Sorrento and maybe around a 20-30 minute walk to the port that takes you to Capri. Breakfast was delicious and I highly, highly recommend eating dinner in the restaurant at least one night! Our waiters were excellent, the view outside watching the sun set over the sea is stunning, and the food was the best meal I had in Italy. We were also allowed to store our luggage at the hotel after check out until we got back from our tour (which picks you up and drops you off at the hotel). The views from the balconies are stunning. You definitely won't regret booking here!

1 Thank Ashley T
Bordeaux, Aquitaine, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014

I stayed here for 5 nights in May. I was with a group of 8 fifty something women and we had 4 rooms all with a sea view.. And what a stunning view of the Bay of Naples and next door to Sorrento. The hotel is breathtaking and one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in.

This is a hotel worthy of 5 stars which ever way you look at it. They certainly work hard to please in every department, and succeed in my opinion.

On arrival at the hotel I was made to feel like a princess and that was the same for all 8 of us - and stayed like that until the moment we left. I really felt like crying at departure time.

My first impression was WOW !! The glass sitting area/lounge/bar, with beautiful furniture and stunning views, and the outside terraces on multiple levels are simply gorgeous. The styling is imaculate.

The staff were simply perfect, attentive, charming, professional, fun. I arrived later than my friends and went straight to meet them in the lounge, leaving my suitcase in reception. After I said my hello's I asked about my suitcase to be told it had already been taken to the room !!! It's the little things like that that make this hotel so special.

The rooms are lovely, the communal corridors beautifully decorated dotted here and there with gorgeous ornaments. I slept every night with the window open (as I dislike air conditioning) and there was no noise or disturbance at all. Our room had a balcony and it was such a joy to step outside and take in the views.

The bathroom was tastefully decorated in the hotels "coral" theme and there were no "plumbing" problems like you so often find in Italian hotels.

Breakfast is very nice, not outstanding, but very nice - with everything you need. Most mornings the staff brought us something extra (without charge) such as chocolate crêpes as one of us had mentioned that they like them. One morning I shall never forget, the head waiter read us a romantic poem in Italian and tried to translate it. Simply charming.

We had dinner in the hotel restaurant (the same room as breakfast) on two occasions and both times it was very nice - not exceptional, but very nice. Again the staff brought us extras - we only ordered mains but they brought us little apetisers for example.

If you can bear to tear yourself away from the hotel to go sightseeing, the hotel is a good 25 minute walk from the centre of Sorrento, however there is a bus stop right next to the hotel.

Sorrento is a very pretty town and we went down to the port and took the ferry to Capri.

To visit Pompeii and Herculaneum the front desk organised a private guide for us (as there were 8 of us) and they have a range of excursions available (good to book in advance).

The hotel is a great base for a holiday here and I cannot recommend it highly enough.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank EVA106
Bigastro
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2014

This is one of the best hotels we have stayed in. On every count, Hotel Corallo is outstanding. The staff are friendly and helpful, the hotel is spotless, the food is superb and the location is just perfect.

During our stay, there were three wedding receptions which I took as a testimony to the standard of food and service in general. There were also parties from upmarket American tour companies and we all know how discerning Americans can be.

We travelled there with Thomson on half board basis which was very good value.

Next year the hotel plans to build a pool which I am sure will raise the status from four to a well deserved five stars.

Room Tip: We had a side sea view which was fine for us. A sea view with terrace would have been even better th...