“Review of the Vesuvio Restaurant”

Vesuvio Roof Restaurant Sorrento
Reserve with
Vesuvio Roof Restaurant Sorrento is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 64 Restaurants in Sant'Agnello
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Vesuvio Roof restaurant is located on the top floor of Hotel Mediterraneo Sorrento. Featuring amazing views of the bay it is open also to other properties guests. You will enjoy fresh tipycal local food by our resident chef Giuseppe Saccone (since 2009) in a wonderful setting overlooking the bay of Sorrento and Vesuvio vulcano. Restaurant is open for dinner and we warmly suggest to reserve for a seaview table and to enjoy an aperitif in the sunset at White Bar before dinner! Cousine: Mediterranean Contemporary Dress code: smart casual Vesuvio Restaurant: the place to be!
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We saved going to this restaurant until the end of our honeymoon and boy was it worth the wait! We saw an incredible sunset over the sea (there is a balcony you can walk out on to take pictures and enjoy the view). The food was absolutely 1st class from start to finish and the waiters all very professional and friendly. My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed dining here and would highly recommend it to anyone! Lovely atmosphere, didn't want to leave at the end of the night!

1  Thank Gordon H

Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

My fiancé and I decided to go here after walking past it a couple of times. We didn't book and were fortunate enough to get a table. We had however had a huge meal in Napoli earlier in the day so were hoping for a lighter meal. However, the meals were of a really good size and delicious as well. We ordered a bottle of red wine, large bottle of water, my fiancé ordered Tuna as a main and I ordered the Chicken, for dessert my fiancé had Tiramasu and I had 5 Napolease sample puddings. 73 euros in total. The food was lush and the views were to die for - romantic evening meal, with lovely settings a great food and service - a must

Reviewed May 30, 2013

We were looking for a restaurant with a view but were trying to avoid going into Sorrento. A very short walk from our hotel, we found this place. The restaurant is on the fifth floor of the Mediterranean Hotel overlooking the bay and perfect for sunsets. We were seated at a table by a window and it was a great night for a sunset. The food, service, location were first class. Loved every minute of it and would definitely go back and recommend this to anyone looking for a romantic, upscale dinner experience.

1  Thank olomana
Reviewed May 16, 2013

My husband and I spent three days in Sorrento and we struggled so hard to find a quite, romantic place: most of the restaurants in the Amalfi coast are noisy, touristy and the quality of food is miserable considering how expensive it is! This restaurant is such a world apart! First of all the location : I really have no words to describe the beautiful terrace overlooking the sea , simply breathtaking!! The service was extremely friendly and careful and the seafood was fresh and tasty...also the guy playing music live was a very much appreciated PLUS! we will always keep great memories of our magic night at Vesuvio roof. thank u for making it happen!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Brilliant, a little pricey but not extortionate and not to be missed - the view is stunning even on a cloudy evening with no ovbious sunset