“very nice”

Ristorante La Marinella
Ranked #3 of 62 Restaurants in Sant'Agnello
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Come to taste unique emotions that feed the eyes, the soul and the heart. A candlelight dinner , in the company of the warm sea breeze. With the Gulf of Naples on the horizon. A memorable sunset, thanks to the delicious dishes of our chef masters . Cruditè of the Mediterranean sea . The catch of the day. Pasta and stuffing homemade. We only serve products selected by the most important ingredient of our kitchen: love for guests. La Marinella, for people who want to taste the sea
Wilmslow, United Kingdom
“very nice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2014

We visited this restaurant during the day and you eat downstairs and the food and service was very good. It is part of the Lido and nice to escape from the sun. During the evening you eat in the restaurant upstairs. The food was delicious and presentation fantastic. The staff were helpful and pleasant.

1 Thank joanne105

Positano, IT
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unbelievable experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2014 via mobile

I recently took my girlfriend here when we were staying at a nearby hotel. This was an unbelievable experience. From the very moment we took the elevator down to the restaurant they treated us like royalty. We were quickly shown to our seaside table, where we were treated to a welcome (and complementary) prosecco. The food was easily some of the best seafood we had along the Amalfi coast. The decor and furnishings were top notch.

They had a seaside longer that they were happy to move us to for after dinner port, and were as surprised as my now-fiancée was when I proposed. I did not tell the restaurant ahead of time, but I don't know how they would have been able to spoil us any more than they already had (although I have no doubt that they would have found a way).

I joined trip advisor to post this as my first review because of how great every aspect of dining here was. Definitely worth the short hike/taxi ride from sorrento!

1 Thank Westley O
Dublin
“Incredible views. Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2014

We were treated like royalty or special friends. The service is really good. It specializes in seafood and the food was just fantastic. But the blow away feature is the incredible view over the Bay of Naples.

1 Thank MCannock
Lichfield, England, United Kingdom
“not quite brilliant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2014 via mobile

We came here as we had seen the restaurant from the beach and out hotel reserved us a table. When we arrived at 7.45 the lift attendant (take the lift in the evening as it is much safer) said there would be a delay as there was an electrical problem in the kitchen. We went down at 8 And were shown to our table right on the front - lovely position except for the music and guy playing the saxophone. Too loud! So we moved to another table which was okay. We ordered the antipasti to share - if you order this you won't need a main course. It is huge, enough for 3 or 4 people as a starter. There was a mixed plate of cold fish (octopus, squid, prawns, langoustines), stuffed peppers, filled courgette leaves, a plate of meat, a plate of cheese, baked clams, aubergine with tomato - I think that was all. You get a complimentary glass of prosecco and an amuse bouche. As we'd ordered a main course, I had to eat my steak with tomato, rocket and parmesan which was really nice. My wife's mixed grilled fish wasn't so good as the swordfish and tune were over cooked and dry.

We couldn't manage dessert but had a complimentary drink of liquorice liqueur which was nice.

On our way back to the lift, a photograph caught my eye of La Marinella beach years ago. I asked the old lift attendant what year it was taken and I got a very grumpy response - he needs a charisma injection, grumpy old sod!

I'd recommend you go, but not on music night and just order the antipasti starter. You'll have a good night

London, United Kingdom
“Great Food and Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2014

You access this restaurant via the lift down to the beach at La Marinella, there is a host at the top next to the lift for restaurant visitors. We arrived quite early and were seated right at the front of the balcony. Complimentary prosecco and taster starter, warm bread was a nice start. We shared the tasting starter which says min 2 persons but you could easily share with 4 adults, large selection of shellfish, meats, caprese with several types of mozzarella, mushrooms, peppers - all great. Main courses of pasta with lobster and seafood risotto were both very rich but very nice. Good selection of reasonably priced wine we had 1 bottle of €25 wine plus a couple of extra drinks and the whole bill came to € 135.

I would definitely recommend a visit.

• Visited August 2014