Just returned from Hotel Florida, Sant' Agnello and would most certainly concur with the recent postings from T / A contributors, but with maybe personal thoughts thrown in. We felt our room overlooking the street was a bit noisy with refuse collections being made early am ; typical continental breakfast a bit samefied after a few days & would agree with the lack of quality fresh fruit. We couldn't fault the coffee however- try 2 shots of American + I shot of hot milk, superb. We most disappointed with Sorrento itself & the walk into town was a bit of nightmare with kamikaze scooter & motorcycle riders skimming close by as we walked on narrow or non-existent paths. Would agree with the must-see Pompeii comment but felt that the guide rushed us round & the group was too big to take in all the info & photo-shots. The visit to Vesuvius was also very good but spoilt by the poor English of the guide and the well-advertised selling point of 'Vesuvius by 4- by- 4' was a bit of a con as that is the only method of climbing to the volcano crater. This was our first time in 'Seaside Italy' & were horrified by the numbers on the bathing platforms close to the hotel - later to discover that it was an Italian Bank Holiday but found the 45min. walk to Marina Grande & using the bathing platform far-right of the harbour to be almost acceptable at €8 per bed per day. Enough of my comments; Florida is really superb - all the staff happy to help & advise; peaceful heaven in the Lemon Grove; the Restaurant at night most atmospheric and on arriving home, it eventually came to me that everyone pronounced the hotel name as Flor-rida which has nothing to do with the US version but is, possibly the name of the female restaurant owner / manager as the restaurant is called La Bella Ida. Wonderful 12-day holiday & would most certainly recommend it to all, couples or families. Thanks, Alfonso & team.. JW.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Florida, with familiar conduction from three generation, is a charming resort surrounded by a traditional lemon and orange garden, located in a pleasant and calm residential area of Sorrento.The Hotel Florida is the ideal place to spend a quite holiday, the green citrus groves and the panoramas of the Sorrento Coast, the gastronomic specialities or the fantastic walks and excursion will make your stay in the Earth of the Sirens' land unforgettable.Sorrento historical center is 20 minutes walking distance. Within 300 metres away there is a typical Sorrentine beach "La Marinella" and a splendid terrace overlooking the sea. Here a charming scene is opened thanks to which it is possible to admire the bay of Sorrento, the entire Gulf of Naples and the Vesuvius. The shopping area of Sorrento or S.Agnello it is only ten minutes on foot.The Hotel Florida has its private swimming pool with wide solarium (free sunbeds), snack and cocktail bar, wide garden area. Private parking.Rooms are classically decorated, and offer free Wi-Fi. Each comes with a satellite TV, a work desk and an en suite bathroom. All the rooms have a balcony, with views of the garden or of the swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Hotel Florida reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Florida Hotel Sant Agnello
- Hotel Florida Italy/Province Of Naples