The hotel is situated in a quiet area (unlike the hotels on Corso for example, where the noise made by scooters is very disturbing), 15/20 minutes walking-distance from train station (either Sorrento or Sant’Agnello).
We had a room in the garden area. Room was spacious, 2 single beds joined to form a king-size one, big wardrobe with lots of hangers. The bathroom was quite large, with shower cabin and also had a bidet.
Also, there is a small terrace overlooking at the garden, green and shaded, with two chairs and a table, very nice.
The pool is large enough to easily accomodate the guests; two depths: 1.5 and 3 meters.
Room service came everyday, made the beds, emptied the trash, changed towels almost daily.
There is air conditioning (but not very efficient) & good WiFi signal. Staff is friendly and helpful.
Breakfast was ok, but not very diverse and the same everyday: cereals, milk, yoghurt, butter & jams, croissants, 2 types of salami & 1 of cheese (pre-cut types). There were no vegetables and just a few oranges/apples on a platter. Coffee was instant/ness, not regular, that was a minus for us…
We also had dinner twice at the hotel, on the special nights in the lemon grove: pizza night & BBQ night. Pizza was very good, oven-baked; the BBQ didn’t impress us, we make it better back home :)
Minuses: soundproofing was poor, we could hear the neighbors talking; no fridge in the room; lack of towel rails in the bathroom for drying; there was no soap/shower gel/shampoo (they brought some on the 3rd day, but we already bought some and didn’t use theirs)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Florida, with familiar conduction from three generation, is a charming resort surrounded by a traditional lemon and orange garden, located in a pleasant and calm residential area of Sorrento.The Hotel Florida is the ideal place to spend a quite holiday, the green citrus groves and the panoramas of the Sorrento Coast, the gastronomic specialities or the fantastic walks and excursion will make your stay in the Earth of the Sirens' land unforgettable.Sorrento historical center is 20 minutes walking distance. Within 300 metres away there is a typical Sorrentine beach "La Marinella" and a splendid terrace overlooking the sea. Here a charming scene is opened thanks to which it is possible to admire the bay of Sorrento, the entire Gulf of Naples and the Vesuvius. The shopping area of Sorrento or S.Agnello it is only ten minutes on foot.The Hotel Florida has its private swimming pool with wide solarium (free sunbeds), snack and cocktail bar, wide garden area. Private parking.Rooms are classically decorated, and offer free Wi-Fi. Each comes with a satellite TV, a work desk and an en suite bathroom. All the rooms have a balcony, with views of the garden or of the swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, HostelWorld, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Hotel Florida reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Florida Hotel Sant Agnello
- Hotel Florida Italy/Province Of Naples