All reviewshalf boardbudget hotelminute walka small family run hotelmarinella beachrecommend hotelplenty of sun loungerssant agnellotrain stationfriendly hotelpavementwardrobevesuviusmassimoticketsnaplescourses
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We decided to go Sorrento for a holiday with our nine month old baby. We had a perfect time. Baby Jack loved to swim in the pool, and the evenings on the terrace were lovely with the baby phone sitting on our table. The whole staff was very helpful, friendly with special thanks to Anthony and Antonio we had a perfect holiday.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Manager-Hotel-Londra, Manager at Hotel Londra, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

This is what we pursuit. Customer satisfaction. Nothing else. We really thank you for sharing your opinion about us on tripadvisor. We really hope to see you back in Sorrento, and back to our hotel, where you know, you can find a special place and well trained staff, ready to satisfy youo.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

My granddaughter and I spent a very pleasant week at Hotel Londra and we had a really great time. It was nice to have a swimming pool and there were enough sun loungers for everyone when we were there. The hotel is located on a main road just on the outskirts of Sorrento but the 15 to 20 minute walk into the centre is relatively level and wasn't a problem. There was some noise from the road but unfortunately the most noise came from young American guests! Fortunately I have done enough travelling to always have earplugs with me so it wasn't a problem. All the staff were very friendly and the food was good and plentiful. What I really enjoyed most was getting away from the usual 3*/4* hotels where you could be anywhere in the world. I felt this was a typically Italian hotel that was more like a family home.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Manager-Hotel-Londra, Manager at Hotel Londra, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Dear Rosie

thanks a lot for choosing Hotel Londra. We always try to make our guest feel at home, and as we can read we did uit quite well. We will always try to improve our services and guest satisfaction. We really appreciate the effort on writing a review about us on TA, We hope to see you again soon in Sorrento..

Reviewed July 12, 2013

We stayed at the hotel Londra recently and found the hotel to be badly in need of a makeover. The taps and shower heads were very old and tarnished the towels thinner than a dishtowel. and the furniture marked and stained. The beds were very comfortable and the room was cleaned daily. The breakfast was not very inspiring with stale bread and very little choice the coffee was also cold. Don't ask for a boiled egg as it will cost you 5 euros. It was quite noisy as other reviews have said but this didn't really bother us. It is quite a long walk into the centre. Dinner at night was a combination of Italian food and cheap frozen food. They also insisted on bringing a plate with bruchetta which would have broken your teeth if you tried to eat it. The pool area was ok although they painted the edge green which I still have stains on my clothes from. The hotel staff were not over friendly but the one positive person and a huge asset to this hotel was Anthony the barman who had a permanent smile on his face he came across as a very genuine young man and interested in the needs of the guests well done to him and wish him well. The tourist trade is an industry which is something that the management seem to have forgotten. Their barman Anthony could give them some lessons on this. Their main interest seems to be how much money they can make rather than the satisfactions of their clients,.

Room Tip: They are all basically similar but probably best away from the road.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear guest

we're really sorry to read your words. We try to improve our services constantly, as you can read in other reviews and we reach the goal pretty always . On behalf of all the staff we thank you for sharing your opinion on Ta and we really hope to se you back in Sorrento one day.

Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in a dorm room here and the main let downs were the street noise and poor beds. The dorm rooms aren't purpose built but rather converted hotel rooms, there are no lockers. The hotel is quite old, but the service is quite good with the rooms being made up everyday. It's a fair walk from the centre of town.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank jazdw
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I have just returned home from a weeks holiday in Sorrento. I have never written a review before but I had such a good time I felt it was only fair to do so.
The hotel londra is not right in the middle of sorrento but it is only about 10 - 15 mins walk away. It is an ideal base for all the great trips, Capri, Pompei, Vesuvius and the almalfi coast.
The hotel is basic but more than adequate. The rooms are very clean with fresh towels and sheets daily. The food is brilliant so much so I intended to eat out when I was there but didn't because the evenings meals were so good. The staff in the restaurant were excellent- Antonio, Nino and Mario.
The pool area was lovely. Most people go day trips so if you have a spare day, it is as if you have you're own private pool.
I would not hesitate in recommending this hotel, who needs five star when there are three star hotels as good as this one.
Room 120 :-)